• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the link Ken...I recently picked up Painter I'm finding it is a lot of fun to play with.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
New year, new projects... I have two models I'm currently working on... The Sage-grouse/prairie chicken one and a peafowl. There are some significant hurdles to overcome with both of these projects so it's always possible they may never make it to the store, but I'll share them nonetheless. The challenges is technically based; developing the rigging to inflate the grouse breast/throat air sac and the rigging of the 200 covert tail feathers male peafowl have. (Note: those 200 tail feathers have yet to be modeled in the example below)

Other projects this year will/may include: the SBRM base revisions/updates, SBRM Asia and Hornbills. On Nature's Wonders, maybe another moth volume, damselflies and frogs.

peafowl.JPG ChickenGrouse1.JPG

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
A little more work this morning... I refined the feet/legs on the peafowl so that they are species correct with proper talon sizing, toe webs and leg spurs

peafowlfeet.JPG

and also, defined the head and beak better...

peafowlhead.JPG

Now, I'm starting the layer the 200 tail covert feathers, starting with the back row which are a combination of alternating "Eye" feathers and "T" feathers (about 80 feathers total); smaller overlaying rows consists only of "eye" feathers.

peafowltail.JPG

Lianam

Eager
We have a few ruffed grouse around our place been as high as 2 pairs. The windows are hard on them and I know we have raccoons too. Those birds are really cool :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking good Ken. Can't wait to see these finished, as they're really looking good at this early stage. ;)

TaishoBee

Adventurous
Hi!
I love all of your birds and I'm looking for the Parrot Playpen. Is it still available? I'm going to 'adopt' your Macaw and it's perfect for him!

Also, I hope you plan to make an iguana! As for birds, I'd love to see an Elf Owl.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hi!
I love all of your birds and I'm looking for the Parrot Playpen. Is it still available? I'm going to 'adopt' your Macaw and it's perfect for him!

Also, I hope you plan to make an iguana! As for birds, I'd love to see an Elf Owl.

Thanks... look on this page of my website in the Pet Shop section under "Downloads: Click for List". Click the carrot and you see the Parrot Playpen with Swing

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Getting a 404 error there, Ken, and it's redirecting to the SBRM index page.