• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank Pendraia & JVrenderer.

I've got a long way to go compared to alot of the talented people here :)
My system really sucks so I have to limit myself to really simple designs otherwise it goes kaput (in Iray I can't add lights otherwise it quits so just trying to find nice HDRi options or use emissives and if I have too many items same thing)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad you got them posted here Rae, as they look great. Being a huge X-Men fan, I especially like the one of Storm. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm still getting to grips with Iray it does seem to give very nice results if your system is good enough. I'd really like to be able to afford some of the systems that others seem to have but I doubt I could even afford the graphics card their using. I'm lucky that the card I do have is reasonable even if compared to some it's low end...looks like you do a great job with the resources you have.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Pendrai. I only have a "Surface" tablet (the company my hubby worked for closed down and he was allowed to take it with him, yay), and if you keep the scene relatively simple and have a decent HDRi, you can get something reasonable (even if it has to take hours to render at a smaller size than I'd like :p which is why I don't want to go into doing postwork as its not at a size I'd worry about doing it to but at least I have scenes I can re-render later if I ever get a better machine then postwork to my hearts content hehehe)

Miss B, Storm is one of my fave female cartoon charries of all time but I grew up on her white costume :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Miss B, Storm is one of my fave female cartoon charries of all time but I grew up on her white costume :)
I like all the X-Men characters, but Storm's abilities were always so amazing to me, especially in the X-Men movies, where you could actually visualize it far better than the comic books, and yes I remember the white costume. :)

Sophie!

Morana

New-Bee
Wasn't sure where to post this one, since it's two Harry's and a bird, so I'm sticking it here. hehe

You'll have to forgive the quality, as it's only draft and it's staying draft (long story about a struggling first-gen i7 and Reality 4.1), but I bought the Hawks of Canada mini set specifically to do this image. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cool Morana and NDelphi...

@nDelphi , is that an iRay render I was looking at the Geforce GTX 960 at a techie market yesterday...

Cool nDelphi.
I have two GTX760s 4Gbs set up in my rig. I've saving up for 2 GTX980 Titan X's 12 Gb.
You need all the GPU power you can get for PBRs