• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
HOT DAMN WOMAN!!! I'm loving the lighting in the regular Leopard render. The light on the tip of his nose is just perfect.

Any chance you'll be doing a Snow Leopard skin too at some point? ~hint, hint, hint~

Thanks all! ( I am blushing!)

I hope to do a Snow Leopard- he would need his own morph though- def a pretty different shape from the leopard.

E- yes this is Superfly but I have started on Firefly- looks pretty much exactly the same. Too early to start tackling DS MATs:) Once I get everything good in Poser as I am more savvy there, then I do DS materials. I do have the basic shader set up I want to use in the 2 DS engines though.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I hope to do a Snow Leopard- he would need his own morph though- def a pretty different shape from the leopard.
Ohhh, I didn't realize the shapes were different. I just love the coloring of the Snow Leopard's fur better. The first time I saw it, I thought it more exotic looking because I had never seen anything like it before. Since then I found out they live in different environments, so adapt to where they live.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So these start to show the level of detail I am aiming for with these. I can see what I still need to do to really bring these to life/the details I still need to add etc. Also the spec and bump maps are still a bit rudimentary- they will help too, to bring more detail and crispness to these. I've dreamed for the last 10 years, to try to do this kind of thing back when with the Mil Big Cat but the UV and more made it impossible to HAVE any detail. so I plain gave up trying to. Thanks so much to Chris for being not only a modeling demon but a UV champ too:) I couldn't even try to do this without his mad skills.

LeopardCU521b.jpg

BlackLeopardBU621.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Especially up this close Chris!

Ohhh, I didn't realize the shapes were different. I just love the coloring of the Snow Leopard's fur better. The first time I saw it, I thought it more exotic looking because I had never seen anything like it before. Since then I found out they live in different environments, so adapt to where they live.
Oh yes, big difference, notably the tail, have a look at that thing - talk about looooooonnnnnngggggg! :D (just look at the fluffies)

photo by HOTNStock on DeviantArt

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Lorraine, I'm pretty sure that video is a therapist replacement in and of itself. Very funny (although I think they forgot to add the mats to the eyes of one of the zebra's at the water hole ;) the things you notice once you start playing around in 3D).

And Laurie, I was scrolling back up through this thread, and the thought my computer was about to pounce and eat me when that panther went by. Amazing work.

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
Incredible work Laurie. It's bordering to insanely fabulous work (if that is an expression one can use??) :) Impossible to stay away from this animal.

Chris, is the big cat rigged and done or should I wait a little longer?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Tiny! Just saw your Gorilla work- looks great!!!! I know Paul is working on rigging but no, no beta yet. I am jamming on my end so when Paul does have a beta ready I won't be holding things up:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL Lorraine! I think I've seen that before but def hysterical! Would def be cool to see a toon version of the Big Kitty and House Kitty and Dog and so on!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@CWRW Good Golly Miss Mol... I mean Laurie!!!!!!! GORGEOUS!

Are you using Quality for the fur image map(s) setting or Crisp? Sometimes Crisp brings out details on a texture, sometimes doesn't look right... just a thought to try for even more detail if you haven't tried it already. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've noticed that too Lyne. In fact, I go in and reset Dawn's eyelash transmap to Quality all the time, because I find if I leave them on Crisp, they look like they have dried clumped mascara on them.

I do the same with her Face MAT as well, because the eyebrows look strange otherwise.