• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sign of the Times

Hornet3d

Wise
A few years ago I was very much a hoarder but I have improved in the last few years and my garage is certainly improved and, for the most part I can lay my hands on most things quite quickly and the space is used efficiently.

I am now in the process of reorganising and decluttering my den but now I am in a bit of a pickle. I am downsizing the number of books I hold and have come across books for Poser 6 and Poser 7 which are in good condition, but they are big. My head says throw them as they are taking up lot of space, while my heart says hang on to them even though I cannot see I will ever use them again. It does seem a shame to throw them out either way.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
If not for the issue of international shipping I would be very interested those books likely. I do still use Poser Pro(7) from time to time (believe it or not).
I personally have trouble throwing books in the trash, unless very badly damaged. I will try to sell or donate the ones I can first. I have a deep seated personal respect for physical books and similar recorded knowledge.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
A few years ago I was very much a hoarder but I have improved in the last few years and my garage is certainly improved and, for the most part I can lay my hands on most things quite quickly and the space is used efficiently.

I am now in the process of reorganising and decluttering my den but now I am in a bit of a pickle. I am downsizing the number of books I hold and have come across books for Poser 6 and Poser 7 which are in good condition, but they are big. My head says throw them as they are taking up lot of space, while my heart says hang on to them even though I cannot see I will ever use them again. It does seem a shame to throw them out either way.
Maybe you could look at ebay, then you would get some money back out of them.
Also, Take a picture of them, so that you can look back on them and remember.

And international shipping is totally sucky.

GhostTrain

Inspired

Which books do you have? I bought 'Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5' maybe 5-6 years ago. (i didn't fully read it though).
My main reason for the purchase was it was the only place I could find any sort of information on how to setup propagating scaling. Although it was very short section.

Hornet3d

Wise
If not for the issue of international shipping I would be very interested those books likely. I do still use Poser Pro(7) from time to time (believe it or not).
I personally have trouble throwing books in the trash, unless very badly damaged. I will try to sell or donate the ones I can first. I have a deep seated personal respect for physical books and similar recorded knowledge.

Yep, I understand that it is very much how I feel.
P1010055.jpg

Maybe you could look at ebay, then you would get some money back out of them.
Also, Take a picture of them, so that you can look back on them and remember.

And international shipping is totally sucky.

I could try ebay, at least that way I know they are going to someone who has an interest in them. Shipping is the issue and not just the cos, I have had some horrendous issues here in the UK let alone Internationally. In one case the courier refused my compensation claim and gave as proof a picture that was not of the item I had shipped and documentation it had been to delivered to the wrong person at the wrong address. I still took four months for them to pay up and i would have much preferred they found it and delivered it so I did not have a disappointed customer.

If I did go to eBay I would have to try and list it so that the cost of the books were the the same as, or close to, the shipping cost and then list it as free shipping.

Hornet3d

Wise
Which books do you have? I bought 'Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5' maybe 5-6 years ago. (i didn't fully read it though).
My main reason for the purchase was it was the only place I could find any sort of information on how to setup propagating scaling. Although it was very short section.

At the time i found them very useful

I have added a photo below so you can identify the books. I did find them very useful and read a good part but I used them more for reference rather that a cover to cover good read. At least that is what I think I did but that was ten or twelve years ago.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Practical Poser 7 still has some value. There are things that Denise talks about that still work in Poser today. Others give you enough of an insight that you can figure it out in the newer Posers and get what you want.

Greybro

Inspired
Pretty sure I contributed to that book and was gifted two copies as my compensation. Small world.

Deecey

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
A blast from my past. Wow! LOL

I lost my remaining copies to a move. So it's cool to see them here!

Archive.org is completely down at present, but via an eTools.ch meta-search I see that it has "Practical Poser 6" and "Practical Poser 7" (2nd ed.). Also "Practical Poser 8" (3rd ed.).