• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP WIP Asian-African Elephant project

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Just curious the details are in the texture?
Yes Janet , all the details will be in textures and normal maps for dimension , Poser 12 still can't render micro displacements , but Normal maps will do the trick , I will include displacement map , so later it can be used when they are ready for even more Popeye effect.

I am sculpting all the details on top of Chris' morph as usual ;) remember my Chimp ?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
An Interesting fact on elephants:

Elephants are large and long-lived animals and so should have a very high risk of developing cancer. Surprisingly, they are practically almost cancer resistant! Less than 5% of all elephant deaths are due to cancer (compare this to up to 25% in humans). It seems that elephants and their living and extinct relatives evolved to be cancer-resistant. For more information see How Elephants Evolved to Become Big and Cancer-Resistant | Association of American Universities (AAU).
Elephants have extra copies of two cancer-fighting genes: P53 (aka the Zombie gene), which hunts for cells with miscopied DNA, and LIF6, which obliterates the mutated cells before they can form a tumor.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Cath,

Happy to see that you posted your gorgeous African elephant image you created. It's stunning to say the least. Very compelling. It's fun to look it over and see at all the details you've included.
Thank you Chris for inspiring me ! it is going to looks even better soon and many of my Wacom pen tips gonna be shredded in the process ;)

Harimau

Eager
When you do start on the Asiatic Elephant, I hope you will include these variations which are not normally noted but which are actually quite typical for Old Bulls, i.e. large twinned domes on the top of the head, and a large bony convexity at the base of the trunk. Here are some illustrations for your reference.

The late Raja Gaj, a particularly large Asiatic elephant (the largest Asiatic elephant in the world when it was alive), Front view:
5962326261_593250fe19_b.jpg

Raja Gaj, side view:
domes-of-wisdom-Bardia-elephant-bull-1268px-179kb-Aug-2022-Tetrapod-Zoology.JPG

Another lateral view:
bardia02.jpg

A bull Asian elephant at Hagenbeck Zoo, Hamburg:
domes-of-wisdom-Markus-Buehler-elephant-bull-Hagenbeck-1055px-117kb-Aug-2022-Tetrapod-Zoology.JPG

For more info see The Domes of Wisdom: an Asian Elephant Tale — Tetrapod Zoology

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
When you do start on the Asiatic Elephant, I hope you will include these variations which are not normally noted but which are actually quite typical for Old Bulls, i.e. large twinned domes on the top of the head, and a large bony convexity at the base of the trunk. Here are some illustrations for your reference.

The late Raja Gaj, a particularly large Asiatic elephant (the largest Asiatic elephant in the world when it was alive), Front view:
View attachment 75518

Raja Gaj, side view:
View attachment 75519

Another lateral view:
View attachment 75520

A bull Asian elephant at Hagenbeck Zoo, Hamburg:
View attachment 75521

For more info see The Domes of Wisdom: an Asian Elephant Tale — Tetrapod Zoology
That would be probably something for add on morph's product to make them look more unique and individual looking.
Thank you for the feedback

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
7 years and waiting.....
we started new project 7 months ago darling .. I have nothing to do with the rest of the 6 years you waiting for ..
be patient with me, we have lots of stuff going on with Dawn2 at this moment , I told you 3 weeks ago .. pushing will not make it going faster , it is discouraging. I would love to get back to it but I have no time right now , I run 20 hours a day , so little time so much stuff to do . I will not post any updates until I am finished with currently project what is number 1 priority .

Harimau

Eager
There is a new series that is now streaming at Disney Plus, "The Secrets of the Elephants", four episodes featuring the Savannah, Desert, Forest and Asiatic elephants. It is one of the best elephant shows on TV. As fans of the elephant, if you subscribe to Disney Plus, you should head there now.