• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Remember these????? With the cost of gas going up, these could be making a comeback soon.
View attachment 73149
I see bicycles around here all the time. Of course, I also see those scooters that have become so popular the past couple of years. I don't mind the ones with the handlebars for navigation, but I used to see a guy all the time on one that was just the board you stand on. He had some close calls with that darn thing.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember him?????
1647988612953.png
Then
1647988701558.png
Later
1647988879464.png
Much Later
1647988958329.png
Now

eclark1894

Visionary
I see bicycles around here all the time. Of course, I also see those scooters that have become so popular the past couple of years. I don't mind the ones with the handlebars for navigation, but I used to see a guy all the time on one that was just the board you stand on. He had some close calls with that darn thing.
Yeah, but that's an electric bike. Remember those????

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this truck??? I'm not the kind to kiss and tell, but I been seen with Farah. I've never been with anything less than a nine, so fine.
1648000636682.png

unreal

Noteworthy
Remember this????? Rich Corinthian Leather!!!!!!
View attachment 73142
Ricardo used to have a hard time making that commercial (iirc). Cordova is a real word, accented the first syllable. Chrysler's car accented the second syllable.
Apparently, Corinthian was a word the marketing people made up. Or so I've heard. Like Japanese Kansai Engineering.

If that car seat could talk...

DanaTA

Distinguished
Apparently, Corinthian was a word the marketing people made up. Or so I've heard. Like Japanese Kansai Engineering.
Actually, no, not made up. Corinthian: of Corinth. Corinth was a city in Greece. Two books in the New Testament are devoted to the Christians in Corinth, Corinthians.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually, no, not made up. Corinthian: of Corinth. Corinth was a city in Greece. Two books in the New Testament are devoted to the Christians in Corinth, Corinthians.

Dana
From Wikipedia: Corinthian leather is a term coined by the advertising agency Bozell in 1974[1] to describe the leather upholstery used in certain Chrysler luxury vehicles. Although merely a marketing concept, it suggested a premium product...something rich in quality, rare, and luxurious.[2] In reality, it was the same leather used in most Chryslers, produced by the Radel Leather Manufacturing Company in Newark, New Jersey.

DanaTA

Distinguished
From Wikipedia: Corinthian leather is a term coined by the advertising agency Bozell in 1974[1] to describe the leather upholstery used in certain Chrysler luxury vehicles. Although merely a marketing concept, it suggested a premium product...something rich in quality, rare, and luxurious.[2] In reality, it was the same leather used in most Chryslers, produced by the Radel Leather Manufacturing Company in Newark, New Jersey.
Corinthian leather may be made up, but only as a product. Corinth is real, not made up. The most common usage of the word Corinthian is in architecture, Greek to be specific. Its implication is that of high end quality. Thus why they stole it for their advertising. They didn't just make up the word, they usurped it for their profit.

Dana

unreal

Noteworthy

Dana
I think the made up part was that there was such a thing as "Corinthian leather". It was leather, plain and simple. Probably from whatever was the cheapest source of acceptable leather at the time. Not biblical or ancient grecian leather. Or leather processed in the fashion of either of those. (I did know about the biblical reference. Catholic School :D Didn't know about the greek reference. )