• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP WIP Asian-African Elephant project

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We're starting fresh with efforts on a new Elephant. Here I'm progressing efforts on our African Elephant shape.

I've been working the last couple of weeks on our Asian Eli, as well as finishing up our new African Elephant morph.

Here is the latest work. I'm getting very close now to finishing the new African morph, just a bit more to go now.

Cath is working in some time with me for these animals. She has amazing things happening on her end. Wow, just Wow!!

ElIwork37.JPG
ElIwork38.JPG
ElIwork39.JPG
ElIwork40.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I haven't given up Chris Just been busy with the new job. Cant wait for this one to come out.

Yay! You are still here! Ha, that is surprising to me.

With Cath working on this now with me, this beast will be moving along. She's shown me some work she has been doing on this and it is very impressive as you would imagine.

She and I have been wanting to do something with an elephant for many, many years now. During my days at DAZ, she and I discussed it back then. And now here we are again.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
With the difference that now it is half way done already , beautiful and anatomical accurate base to the fine details thanks to your craftsman's skills and love to details.
I love all elephants but the African Savannah (Bush) elephant deserve special attention as it is on the edge of extinction from the hands of evil greedy people, like the biggest Tusker Satao that was killed by the poison arrow by the poacher , his tusks was over 100lb and long , almost reaching the ground.
Beautiful animals that deserve the attention before they are gone forever and turns into legends for the future generations .

Thanks Chris for the great reboot on this one , after so many years, finally we can finish our ideas and bring it to life , very inspiring !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Wasn't there a warthog in process or was I dreaming? Would love to see what Cath could do with it as well.
I would love too Janet , but have to finish Dawn 2 work , and then the all family of the elephants and their other species then we can move to next.

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
@ Chris. few questions: 1. Will this model have an Iray shader/texture for it or just the base Daz texture file? 2. Do you still need a beta tester for it?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
1. Will this model have an Iray shader/texture for it or just the base Daz texture file? 2. Do you still need a beta tester for it?
1.Regarding materials ,textures and setup that would be my area of expertise as I am making it in this project.
Yes it will have 3DL and Iray shaders with own new textures , I am not sure what you mean by "just base Daz texture files ? " maybe you mean 3DL ?
2. We have advanced beta testers already that tests all our setups in both programs and also couple internal , but thanks for the offer .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
SO what morphs are there for the project now that it is back off the shelf. I know Chris mentioned that it is being re-worked.
For now , everything you saw in the first post , revisited and reworked for better , but more shapes are on the way as Chris is working on that already , he will post the WIP updates once he is ready. This project is completely revisited and planned already , so it is more about what you will get rather than what you wish for , if you know what I mean . We planned to cover everything as much as possible .

Personally for me I want to have all elephant's family species from today and "yesterday " ( including mammoths and very early prehistoric species etc.. ) the full catalog , but for now one at a time .. as it is not the only project we running at this moment , so a little patience , most important it is active and we are moving forward everyday now.

I know you waiting for this project for so long, but I was waiting for this for over 12 years lol and nothing gonna stop us now ..

To be continued ...
thanks for the support !
Cath