• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Silo Modeling App

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, and that's what I was looking for, but his fast talking pattern I find annoying. Not sure how others would like, or dislike, his presentation.

I have Silo as well, and do like it. I found it easier to do clothing than I could with Blender at the time. I'm up to version 2.5.6, but couldn't do the recent update because I didn't buy Silo from Nevercenter. I had gotten it through another site, and then just downloaded and installed updates from Nevercenter until this last one.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'm hoping that UV mapping is better in the new version. I had problems when following Fugazi's The Chest. The hinges were not coming out right. And I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. That's not the only issue I had, but the others I was able to work around.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't think I've tried that tutorial, though I have several I've done in the past. I usually like his tutorials.

I've only done UV mapping in Silo a few times, mostly because I'm so used to doing it in Blender, I just do it in Blender. The one thing I really like about Silo's UV mapping is the 3D UV view. I've never seen anything like that in any other modeling app I've tried. It helped me sort out an error I was getting in a set created by someone else, who turned down edges around the neck, straps, and armholes. That gave the finished product a nice look, but I had an awful time trying to texture the set, because the UV map that was supplied didn't show the turned over edges.

With the 3D UV view I was able to move it around and found where the portions of the turned over edges were. Unfortunately, fixing it would've required a new OBJ, and since it wasn't my set, I couldn't do any texturing of the outfit with the UV map that was supplied.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I have continued in a private message. Didn't want to take this thread off track any further.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have continued in a private message. Didn't want to take this thread off track any further.

Dana
Actually, I was thinking the same thing, and may move these posts to their own thread. I'll let you know when it's done.