• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Bird Toys

Bird Toys 1

No permission to download
PerpetualRevision submitted a new resource:

Bird Toys - for your "Birds of Play"!

Two hanging toys for your digital pet birds to play with! Both toys are rigged props, with "easy pose" master controls for Swing Side-to-Side and Swing Back+Forth. The bells can also be moved individually, and the bells on the Bells+Rings toy have morphs to move the plastic rings.

I’d been planning to release these toys along with a large parrot play stand, but the play stand is on hold for a while, so I figured I’d go ahead and share the toys. Hope you enjoy!

Many thanks to Lizzie P...

Read more about this resource...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Those are so cute. I downloaded those just this AM from the 'Rosity free section. Thank you so much!

Those are so cute. I downloaded those just this AM from the 'Rosity free section. Thank you so much!

Thanks for the note. I hope you find them useful! I'd actually really appreciate any feedback anyone has about usability. I must've rigged the chain on the bells + rings toy (which I did first) about a dozen times before I got it right, and by then I couldn't bear to have each chain link be a separate actor any longer (too many bones to create and manage!), so I grouped a few links together into actors. That wouldn't be an idea solution for a larger prop, but I'm hoping it works out OK with this one!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
It's more than thoughtful that you took that amount of time! Greatly appreciated!

Well, like everything related to 3D, it's all a learning process!! :-/ On the upside, now that I know how to rig "easy pose" chains, I can make chains for all kinds of things!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I've always wanted to learn how to do that. More for fantasy tails for characters!

I've always wanted to learn how to do that. More for fantasy tails for characters!

It's pretty easy with 3DCheapskate's "Freazypose" (available on ShareCG and elsewhere). You just select the "starting point" actor in the chain, call the script, confirm what the rotation channels are called, and the script does the rest! It works on any figure that has a "chain" of actors, like a tail or a long limb that doesn't branch out into fingers. In addition to using it on the chains for the bird toys I made, I've also used it to add easy pose controls to various parts of Nursoda's "Blumi" figure (a posable plant) and to the tail and some tentacles on his Merpal figure. Not all of the dials it creates will end up being useful, depending on the figure, but it's easy enough to just hide the ones you won't use.