• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Morphography will close

English Bob

Adventurous
Hi all! This announcement is to let you all know that I don't plan to renew the hosting account for Morphography when it comes up for renewal in December.

I will continue to register the domain name, meaning that I can point it to some less well-specified free hosting if I choose, and also retain my morphography.uk.vu e-mail address. Nothing is set in stone yet on that score.

First of all, in the words of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, DON'T PANIC. I'm not leaving the CGI community, I'm not throwing my toys out of the pram through discouragement or disillusionment, and nor am I dying (at least, no faster than anyone else is).

I took this decision because Morphography costs me money, and doesn't make me any in return. More importantly, I don't use it for its intended purpose any longer. I haven't uploaded anything other than minor page updates for over two years. The links page is gradually being whittled away by attrition; I'm removing dead links a lot faster than I'm adding new ones. I think the heyday of the personal download site was over some time ago.

Anything made by me can be redistributed freely, but bear in mind that the things I'm hosting for other people may not carry the same freedoms. Check the readme files, and if in doubt, contact the author if that's possible. I hereby grant permission to reproduce my tutorials and artwork at other locations, as long as you identify me as the author, and pass on the same terms to others. However please try to avoid bringing the site to its knees with a download frenzy since that would help nobody. I'll still be around after it closes, and if there was something you wanted, I can make it available one way or another.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry to hear you're closing down the site, but I certainly understand the reasons. I'm also glad you won't be disappearing, as you're a familiar face to a lot of folks who have been working in 3D graphics for a loooong time. :)

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I went over to see what you had for freebies....and recognized most of them as ones I already had. Thanks!

English Bob

Adventurous
Sorry to hear you're closing down the site, but I certainly understand the reasons. I'm also glad you won't be disappearing, as you're a familiar face to a lot of folks who have been working in 3D graphics for a loooong time. :)

Thanks! I think a couple of the tutorials are still relevant and useful, so I'll probably put them on my deviantArt account.

I went over to see what you had for freebies....and recognized most of them as ones I already had. Thanks!

Thanks back at you for your freebies! I think you hit the nail on the head: most people have already got the stuff they wanted. :)

English Bob

Adventurous
Well, the site finally fell off the face of the Internet. :(

The good news is that @Janet offered some hosting space, and although I don't intend to re-upload the entire site, there are a few useful pages that won't format right as deviantArt submissions.

It's in an extremely WIP state, but 'Son of Morphography - the Best Bits' can be found here: Morphography at Anniemation with grateful thanks to all at AnnieMation.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the ability to do anything with the Morphography domain name despite the fact that I'm still paying for it, and that also means that my e-mail has ceased to work, although you can still get hold of me via sitemail here and at DAZ and Renderosity.

In another unrelated incident, the tutorials that include lots of pictures (such as the UV mapping one) look odd on some browsers, notably Chrome and Opera. I suspect some of my ancient HTML has been deprecated out of existence. If I have to re-write the page code this might take some time to fix. I should probably learn CSS as I always intended, but never got around to. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Unfortunately, I didn't see this post before today. Fortunately, I did incorporate a lot of the links you posted in my Directory when I was setting it up.