• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HW cat animation products

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I'm curious about 2 products here:
aniBlocks for the HiveWire House Cat - An Anniemation Creation at HiveWire 3D
Animations for the HiveWire House Cat - An Anniemation Creation at HiveWire 3D

In the store, they show as 2 products, but when I look at them, they have the same video. All I can see for the difference is the Animations product has a WIP ani. Why would you need a WIP? I don't know what it would be used for.

It says it works in DS 4.9. Anyone know if it works in 4.12? Not sure, but I thought something had changed with animations in this version.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
It looks like one is specifically made to work in Poser (Animations) and one specifically in DS. (AniBlocks)

I don't do animations at all but it's my guess that the two programs do things differently to get the same end result.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The aniBlocks are for Daz Studio and the animations for Poser.

And yes they will work in DS 4.12.

DanaTA

Distinguished
AniBlocks are for the AniMate line of products, I believe. They are not required to do animation in DS, but they make it easier and more efficient...as I understand them. Haven't used any of the products, though I do have a couple of their products...keyMate and graphMate.

Dana

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
As far as I know you can animate and save as an aniBlock or use a premade aniBlock. There might be one other way to save them but I'm not really sure about that.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
It looks like one is specifically made to work in Poser (Animations) and one specifically in DS. (AniBlocks)
I don't do animations at all but it's my guess that the two programs do things differently to get the same end result.

The aniBlocks are for Daz Studio and the animations for Poser.
And yes they will work in DS 4.12.
AniBlocks are for the AniMate line of products, I believe. They are not required to do animation in DS, but they make it easier and more efficient...as I understand them. Haven't used any of the products, though I do have a couple of their products...keyMate and graphMate.
Dana
Yes, I'm def in the DS camp (sorry Poser peeps)
I'm more familiar with how AniMate. Keymate stumps me.
Thanks guys for your help. Now I know what decision to make!!
Suze

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If you end up doing something with them I would love to see!