• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

OK folks, it's time for a new Render Challenge . . . CLOSED!!

What do you need help with to render your best outdoor scenes for Ken's birds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
In preparation for Ken Gilliland's Open Rendering Season contest this year, The HW Community Volunteers are going to run a Render Challenge with the hopes of 1) seeing some great renders, and 2) giving folks help in creating entries for Ken's wonderful annual contest this year.

So with that in mind, which of the items listed above would you most like help with. The winner will be our Render Challenge Theme. This poll will be open from today, 4/10/19 through Monday, 4/15/19, with the actual Render Challenge starting on Wednesday, 4/17/19.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I intellectually "know" all of the things above to one degree or another, but then getting what is in my head to actually come out in the scene, and then seeing where the weak points are, I have the hardest time with. I think I have it perfect, and then I come back and look at it a few weeks later, and see all kinds of issues. Or, sometimes I don't see issues until someone points them out. I try to follow all the rules, but something isn't clicking. So, long story not so short, I think this would be a great challenge.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, folks, this Poll is closed, and I'm going to start a new one for a couple of days because we have a tie for first place, so I'll be asking folks to vote again so we can choose our theme for the Render Challenge.