• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who is lola69 and does his/her script work?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm using Firefox as well Wilmap, and updated it yesterday evening. Is it working OK for you?

Never mind, I just saw your comment above that it is working. Hmmmm, will have to try that again.

Edited to Add: Well I tried, and all I'm able to get is the thumbnail. Not sure why.

Darryl

Adventurous
I'm using Firefox as well Wilmap, and updated it yesterday evening. Is it working OK for you?

Never mind, I just saw your comment above that it is working. Hmmmm, will have to try that again.

Edited to Add: Well I tried, and all I'm able to get is the thumbnail. Not sure why.

I've noticed that sometimes I have to actually be logged in to get the forum to work properly. It always boots me out when I close the window.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The script uses a "hack" some of us have known about for nearly 2 years, back when it was first brought to Optitex's attention they basically went ape****, DAZ built a block into the last build of 4.7 and made it clear that legal action would be taken against anyone distributing dynamic items using the "hack". While the block was removed in 4.8 I doubt if their position on distribution has changed any, especially as almost every mention of the "hack" has been deleted from their site.

This is kind of what I already figured.

And while I expect that the script will disappear eventually from the store, I can't see any issues treating it as "for personal use only." We have other scripts that are like this - GenX, for instance, you cannot distribute a morph that you created with it because the end user would not actually need to buy the base morph product to use it. This script is the same. The key words for it are "personal use only." :)

I'm not naieve enough to think that "no one" would distribute something from it, no. I'm sure there are folks out there who would take advantage of it and do so. But Daz's position on this is well known and has been for a very long time, and anyone who tries to distribute a dynamic item by using this script gets what they deserve in that department.

However, what this does do, is enable people to use the available dynamic cloth already on the market, and, frankly, a vendor can legally create and distribute Poser dynamics just as they've done before. The only difference is that now DS users can actually *use* those dynamics, so their customer base just widened.

But yes, I had suspected that the script was using some kind of hack to do it's job, which is why I commented very early on in the thread that it was most likely a personal use only thing. I was very surprised to see it in the store at all, honestly. And I'm very surprised that it's actually STILL in the store.

But for me personally, I'm just thrilled to finally be able to use the dynamic cloth capabilities for my renders.

Last edited:

Darryl

Adventurous
This is kind of what I already figured.

And while I expect that the script will disappear eventually from the store, I can't see any issues treating it as "for personal use only." We have other scripts that are like this - GenX, for instance, you cannot distribute a morph that you created with it because the end user would not actually need to buy the base morph product to use it. This script is the same. The key words for it are "personal use only." :)

I'm not naieve enough to think that "no one" would distribute something from it, no. I'm sure there are folks out there who would take advantage of it and do so. But Daz's position on this is well known and has been for a very long time, and anyone who tries to distribute a dynamic item by using this script gets what they deserve in that department.

However, what this does do, is enable people to use the available dynamic cloth already on the market, and, frankly, a vendor can legally create and distribute Poser dynamics just as they've done before. The only difference is that now DS users can actually *use* those dynamics, so their customer base just widened.

But yes, I had suspected that the script was using some kind of hack to do it's job, which is why I commented very early on in the thread that it was most likely a personal use only thing. I was very surprised to see it in the store at all, honestly. And I'm very surprised that it's actually STILL in the store.

But for me personally, I'm just thrilled to finally be able to use the dynamic cloth capabilities for my renders.

I'm not sure how a vendor would USE the script to distribute a dynamic outfit. None of the Poser dynamics being used with the script come with the actual script. Would it be a violation to mention the script exists in their promos? Or would it be a violation to sell G2F specific dynamics (sans script) even though I could use them in Poser?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The problem is that once you convert an item to dynamic with this script, that you are then able to save the (now dynamic) item to the library as a dynamic cloth asset. That is a file with potential for distribution/sharing.

If a vendor shared/sold one of these files, it would quickly run afoul of what Daz and Optitex don't want happening.

There is currently NO legal way to create a dynamic cloth item inside of Studio for distribution unless you can afford Optitex's license fees.

So... yes, what you describe is a quick way to run up against lawyers.

If a vendor is selling Poser dynamic cloth, made for and in Poser's dynamics, they're fine. This script allows DS users to convert Poser dynamics to Optitex/DS dynamics.

Basically, the minute you have gotten something to function inside of DS as dynamic, you're making use of the hack and that item is not legal to distribute. Anything you make using this script must be kept to yourself and cannot be shared or sold. Personal use only.

Poser dynamics, in Poser program format, sold by vendors are safe because they do not make use of the Optitex dynamic functions. It is those that DS users can now convert (and save the converted file for later use) for their use in DS, that we have not been able to use before.

Does that make sense?

Darryl

Adventurous
The problem is that once you convert an item to dynamic with this script, that you are then able to save the (now dynamic) item to the library as a dynamic cloth asset. That is a file with potential for distribution/sharing.

If a vendor shared/sold one of these files, it would quickly run afoul of what Daz and Optitex don't want happening.

There is currently NO legal way to create a dynamic cloth item inside of Studio for distribution unless you can afford Optitex's license fees.

So... yes, what you describe is a quick way to run up against lawyers.

If a vendor is selling Poser dynamic cloth, made for and in Poser's dynamics, they're fine. This script allows DS users to convert Poser dynamics to Optitex/DS dynamics.

Basically, the minute you have gotten something to function inside of DS as dynamic, you're making use of the hack and that item is not legal to distribute. Anything you make using this script must be kept to yourself and cannot be shared or sold. Personal use only.

Poser dynamics, in Poser program format, sold by vendors are safe because they do not make use of the Optitex dynamic functions. It is those that DS users can now convert (and save the converted file for later use) for their use in DS, that we have not been able to use before.

Does that make sense?

Right. I thought the script allowed the plugin to recognize a standard Poser dynamic item. You're saying it converts the item itself into a format recognized by the plugin, meaning it could be used by someone else who doesn't own the script.

I get it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...I agree with the personal use Seliah. It's lovely to have it but I wouldn't be using it to make things with it.

It's a wonderful work around for those of us who want to use dynamics. It will be interesting to see if it does get taken down and how soon that happens. Daz are aware of it as they have been removing posts on it...I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't already happened.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It will be interesting to see if it does get taken down and how soon that happens. Daz are aware of it as they have been removing posts on it...I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't already happened.

So am I, actually. But it might depend on what country the vendor is in, too...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I would have thought the country of the store was more significant because any take down notice would be to the store.

Would a script that calls on something inside DS be considered infringing on intellectual property? I'm not sure how this would work.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I hope Daz doesn't issue a cease and desist but on their past history I would doubt it. Hopefully most interested DS users will have grabbed it by then and be having lots and lots of FUN!

Bejaymac

Inspired
I doubt if they will do anything about the script, after all they didn't do anything about the post at Rendo that gave all the data on how to "hack" a mesh to make it dynamic, their answer the last time was to add a block to the system so the "hack" wouldn't work, easy way around it was just to load the free bikini into the same scene and use it to trigger the drape on the "hacked" outfit.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Huh...if they do create a new block that's not going to effect people who aren't updating past 4.8. At the moment I'm staying with 4.8 until they have the content migration fully sorted.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I expect they will likely add an incremental update to 4.9 to block it. But the current 4.9 I think is probably ok with it.

I'll find out soon enough, because I don't have my 4.8 version of the dynamic cloth control (the one that gives the extra physics controls), and they over-wrote that plugin with the 4.9 version in the product library already. So I am going to have to update to 4.9 to use the more extensive physics controls anyway.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I thought I had the same problem but it was just a mystery glitch in DIM...I haven't downloaded 4.9 yet. So let me know how you go. I might have to download and not install.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, I don't know how DIM does it. I do everything manually. So I download from the product library directly.

Anyway, I will try it out once Nataani's promos are done. Probably this weekend. :)

I will let you know how things go then.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
You have to download 4.9 through DAZ Connect. No way to get it any other way. Maybe you could have before with the beta, but not any longer. It's encrypted.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It shows up in DIM also...I've got it open at the moment because I'm downloading streets of tuscany. I have the rc version and the beta.

Edited to add it's my understanding that content is encrypted via Daz connect but only if it's marked encrypted at this point.