• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

FreyrStrongart Freebies

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
So as a finger exercise I have worked on getting a grip on dForce. Since I have masses of Marvellous Designer stuff I maybe used once for an image I thought I would make them available to others.
This set is a series of seven Vintage dresses, most of them 20s and one more steampunky bustle dress.

Bear in mind they are dForce only and might require a bit of fiddling on your part, even though they do work out of the box.
There are generally no Textures for the dresses, they come just shadered with DAZ shaders. So you will have to spend time retexturing most things... not all though.

copyright is mine... distribution ok but no selling of any part from the set, reworked or not. Excluded are Textures you create yourself.

I would be happy to see what you do with the dresses. The file is very big... so you need a bit of patience
Happy downloading.

http://individualingua.ch/privat/Dawn_Freebie_set_Vintage_dresses_FreyrStrongart.zip

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
There is quite a bit of stuff for a male in my runtime which just needs to be set to dForce.
What would people like to see?
Vintage uniforms? I got WWII American, Naval uniform, fantasy uniform
something a bit more fantasy? Steampunk?
I am open for a wishlist of about seven items.

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Thank you, FreyrStrongart.

They look great. I especially love the cheongsam. Very futuristic looking, and I love the color/texture design.

Also, I love the fan texture on your simple shirt (and slacks combo). It would look good on the cheongsam as well.

How do you like creating for dForce? Do you find it easy, or easier than creating for other cloth simulations?

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Thank you, FreyrStrongart.

They look great. I especially love the cheongsam. Very futuristic looking, and I love the color/texture design.

Also, I love the fan texture on your simple shirt (and slacks combo). It would look good on the cheongsam as well.

How do you like creating for dForce? Do you find it easy, or easier than creating for other cloth simulations?

Well... the fabric on the simple shirt is from destiny's garden asian shaders. Yes... they are very nice and most of the clothes can just be textured by shaders. Sometimes it does look better to have ornamental seams but most of the time it's not absolutely necessary. Especially if you're not doing close ups.

Working for d-force has advantages as you don't need to provide that many jmc correctors but every mesh will start to have problems in extreme poses, the reason being that you have to rig the clothes for better results but that means that the weight maps will put influences on the mesh that will stop the clothes from moving absolutely realistically. I am not yet proficient enough and I have to confess I rely heavily on presets for clothing as they mostly keep the clothes from exploding. I just have to find the proper preset for the dress in question.
I use marvellous designer for the base structure which means I actually 'sew' the clothes, creating proper, real life patterns and no cheats as if I was modelling. Which means... clothing has darts, tucks and folds which will show up in the pattern as breaks... like real life clothing. Advantage is, I get a ready made uv without any distortions whatsoever. I just need to map additional stuff like belt buckles and thing. Disadvantage, I have to use single planes for d-force, giving things a feel of thickness is not quite easy but I am starting to figure out tricks.
On the whole I would say that especially the rigging part is a huge time saver if you do d-force alone. If you want to keep the clothing conforming as well you can't avoid the extra work.
WEll... next up is a set of vintage suits for Dusk... after that I hope to have a sufficient grasp on things to be able to do dresses comercially. I actually should consider doing them for the female figures of HiveWire and the Genesis generation, since rigging is such a simple process.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Time for another freebie.
I've been working on a horseblanket for some time. Since it is not QUITE up to the desired standard, due to problems with the buckles I decided to offer it as a freebie.
The pack contains the bandages, a foal blanket and a horseblanket including a set of textures for all the individual parts of the blankets, so you can customise any element to your desire. The blankets are d-force conform and have presets for d-force applied, but it is somewhat tricky to get it working, you may have to try several times. They do work nicely with moderate poses but extreme poses may not yield the desired effect. They can be used without d-force, but will look slightly less convincing.

So... happy rendering.
Find your blankets here http://individualingua.ch/privat/Horse Accessories for HiveWireHorse.zip