• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Can I paint on 3d figures in CS6 extended

Jay Versluis

Admirable
I've made a video a little while ago that covers how to use the 3D features in Photoshop, and how to paint onto 3D objects. Perhaps it'll help:

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
CS6 Extended is used in the night class I am attending and yes it does allow direct painting on 3D objects. But it is so awkward, which is a shame because otherwise all the layer, layer mask and tons of other options can be used.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
. . . considering what a memory hog it actually is.
The one thing I've always hated about Adobe graphic apps is how much of a system hog they are, and if you think Photoshop is bad, Image Ready, which comes packaged with Photoshop, is even worse, with Illustrator probably the worst of the Adobe apps I've used over the years.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The one thing I've always hated about Adobe graphic apps is how much of a system hog they are, and if you think Photoshop is bad, Image Ready, which comes packaged with Photoshop, is even worse, with Illustrator probably the worst of the Adobe apps I've used over the years.

The problem with Photoshop using so much RAM is that the system goes into slow motion. It takes about 6-10 brush strokes for Photoshop to take ALL of my 16GB RAM. After that, performance suffers. I have to wait a few seconds between brush strokes, so the screen can refresh. This is a perfect example where using more memory doesn't improve performance. On the contrary, it bogs the system down.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Gee, I don't have that problem with Photoshop, but I do use almost all my available external HD space as a scratch disk.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I meant using Photoshop for 3D painting causes massive memory usage. When I use it with 3D mouse, I have a delay before I can move the camera again, because it has to redraw the previous screen and then the new one every time.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I meant using Photoshop for 3D painting causes massive memory usage. When I use it with 3D mouse, I have a delay before I can move the camera again, because it has to redraw the previous screen and then the new one every time.

Yes that is exactly what happens for me and it makes 3D work in Photoshop so unpleasant.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
What files? What's avatar.obj? What do you mean by "simply does not load"? Do you mean it gives you an error? That it crashes?