• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Best resource site for texturing humans

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am looking for a site that is not too expensive. I want to start texturing 3D human figures, maybe like Dawn or Dusk or maybe Luna?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Have you had a look at Biscuits Skin Tiles 1 and 2 Merchant Resources over on Rendo, Alphina. A very reliable vendor and worth picking up, especially if you wait for her sales! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually, They're on sale for 1/2 price until tomorrow. I just picked them both up about an hour ago. ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, I have all three of Biscuits Merchant Resource packs. So much good stuff in those packs. Totally worth getting, esp if your on a budget. Then you will need to find some resources that provide you with nipples, navels and other needed details. I invest in packs from www.3d.sk as they have a store at Renderosity, that's where you can get your needed "extras" from including the nipples and navels. Hazel, Female Full Figure Photo References 2D Graphics levius

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have one of their sets I got at their site years ago, but to tell the truth, I never really got into character texturing, so it sits there unused. They are good for texturing all pieces of the human anatomy, as they're made from actual photographs of a human's body.

Edited to Add: OK, I DID purchase it at Renderosity back in 2014, and her name was Zlata, but she's not in their store anymore.

Boni

Inspired
Biscuits resources are awesome ... if you want to test things out, in Rendo's Free stuff is some MRs for V4 and M4 by Ecstasy. I've got those and they are a great starting point to learn. I even bought their MP products when they sold them there as well.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I am looking for a site that is not too expensive. I want to start texturing 3D human figures, maybe like Dawn or Dusk or maybe Luna?

The Hivewire figure skins are an MR. You can use them for paid products, but not for freebies.

But, if you are doing Hivewire figures, their MRs are an excellent starting point. Just make enough changes in the skins so that they don't look like the default figure.

Nod

Adventurous
I have one of their sets I got at their site years ago, but to tell the truth, I never really got into character texturing, so it sits there unused. They are good for texturing all pieces of the human anatomy, as they're made from actual photographs of a human's body.

Edited to Add: OK, I DID purchase it at Renderosity back in 2014, and her name was Zlata, but she's not in their store anymore.

I have the Zlata one as well. I bagged a load of their files when I was signed up with them. That was before they started charging silly prices, as well as wanting to charge you extra to get newer reference shots. You were already paying for membership, so I thought that it was a rip off to ask for more, so dumped them.

It's a good thing that I'm so slow at doing textures, as I've yet to finish one! I've had to move from V2/M2 to V4/M4, and Dawn/Dusk, and Ang 2. :laugh:

Hornet3d

Wise
I have a few sets from 3dsk from when I had a membership some years ago, the photography is very good with generally flat lighting which is what you need. I never got around to doing skin textures but I have sets of poses and also facial close ups which I use a great deal both for trying to perfect a pose and expressions. Being photographs of real people it helps to see what parts of the body and face move when a particular pose or expression is struck.

eclark1894

Visionary
The Hivewire figure skins are an MR. You can use them for paid products, but not for freebies.

But, if you are doing Hivewire figures, their MRs are an excellent starting point. Just make enough changes in the skins so that they don't look like the default figure.
And if you have Poser, don't forget that Paul and Pauline are merchant resources as well. And that includes the skins.

Hornet3d

Wise
And if you have Poser, don't forget that Paul and Pauline are merchant resources as well. And that includes the skins.

Good point and it is amazing what you can do with a few merchant resources. There is no way I have the skills to create a skin map but I can blend something very different with the use of some merchant resources and Paint Shop Pro. Not that I sell any but it does make my characters a little different.

eclark1894

Visionary
Also, 3Dream does a lot of Merchant Resources for figures. Particularly skins. You can find his stuff over at Renderosity.

Hornet3d

Wise
Also, 3Dream does a lot of Merchant Resources for figures. Particularly skins. You can find his stuff over at Renderosity.

3Dream stuff is expensive but, in my view, worth every penny. All of my V4 and Dawn characters are heavily based on 3Dream resources and without them I would not have been able to create the slightly mature versions at all.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist