• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dawn S.E. Faces of the World Underway

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I have to say that (at least with my dyslexia) I just can't/couldn't get Virtual World's exquisite ethnic faces to work on Dawn SE, I HAD to go back to Dawn SR1 to use them...so this new project is a good idea, then I can still use VW's gorgeous ethnic skins on SR2.... I'm also a bit hesitant to say, but um, er, uh...not quite seeing the difference in your "new' face features from the default Sr2 face...perhaps the morphs could be a bit more uh... I was going to say extreme, but that's not the right word... maybe just "more" is the right term...they seem too subtle to me...JUST my own opinion after looking back at VW's Asian and African facial features more... I was able to DIAL IN a reasonable African face on my existing SR2 Dawn for a picture I am working on currently...(has 4 Dawns in it, 3 being Sr2 before I "had" to go back to use SR1 for my Asian girl)...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Japanese Face tonight.

Showing several here without lashes so you can see the epicanthal fold. Then the last 2 show her with lashes.

WorldFaces11.JPG
WorldFaces12.JPG
WorldFaces13.JPG
WorldFaces14.JPG
WorldFaces15.JPG

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like!

What would these look like if you added in the aged head morph? Would that lessen the ethnic appearance too much?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh these are spot on Chris. I know a gal who's originally from Malaysia, and your facial structure looks perfect to me. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OOOOOOOO now I REALLY love the morphs on this page Chris!! WOW!!!!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Japanese Face tonight.

I can't talk for the other ethnicities, but the Japanese nose tends to be smaller (with a shallow bridge), and the lips are fuller. The shallow nose bridge is problematic since most Japanese wear glasses, and it's hard to keep them from sliding down the nose bridge. I am only half Japanese, but I have inherited the Japanese nose with the shallow bridge, and I can't keep sunglasses on my face - they tend to slide down. I think thicker lips are a trait of both Japanese and Koreans.

Zaarin

Brilliant
I think thicker lips are a trait of both Japanese and Koreans.
I'm not sure this is true. Most Koreans I've known have had quite delicate lips, albeit not as small as many Chinese. Also suggesting that Koreans and Japanese have anything in common is a good way to get lynched in Korea. ;)

That Ethiopian morph is making me crave coffee and injera. :coffee: While we're critiquing the morphs, however, there is something slightly off to me about the Egyptian face. The nose is perfect--indeed, I recognize it immediately as belonging to Nefertiti--and the face structure looks spot on, too. Both corners of the eyes could be lowered a bit (a bit more crescent shaped), the inner more than the outer; the lips also look a little large compared to the lips you see on most Egyptian statuary (see the busts of Nefertiti or Meritaten, for example--both have smaller, flatter lips).

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure this is true. Most Koreans I've known have had quite delicate lips, albeit not as small as many Chinese. Also suggesting that Koreans and Japanese have anything in common is a good way to get lynched in Korea

Of course, some people will be different - we cannot generalize an entire population, but in general, the Japanese have thicker lips and a shallow nose bridge.

Hehe I am aware Koreans are not particularly fond of the Japanese because of historical reasons, but we are actually cousins. I can typically tell a Korean from a Japanese or Chinese, but it can be tricky sometimes. There was a common ancestor in the distant past. :)

Zaarin

Brilliant
Of course, some people will be different - we cannot generalize an entire population, but in general, the Japanese have thicker lips and a shallow nose bridge.

Hehe I am aware Koreans are not particularly fond of the Japanese because of historical reasons, but we are actually cousins. I can typically tell a Korean from a Japanese or Chinese, but it can be tricky sometimes. There was a common ancestor in the distant past. :)
I actually just read a study on this, positing a relationship between Korea and Japan, though it also showed that Koreans are more closely related to the indigenous people of Siberia (which didn't surprise me) while Japanese genetics have been more influenced by the indigenous people of Japan (i.e., the Ainu and the other people who were in Japan before the modern Japanese). The study's thesis was to demonstrate that Japan was probably populated via Korea rather than the other way around as previously thought, making the Koreans more basal. Still not much support for a Japano-Korean language phylum, though; if they are related there's probably an enormous time gap between them.

There are obviously outliers, but having lived in Korea for a few years I think I find it easier to tell a Japanese person apart from a Korean or Chinese than it is between a Korean and Chinese--Japanese tend to have darker skin and squarer, more angular jaws. Koreans tend to have rounder heads, but so do some Chinese so that's not always helpful. On the other hand, it's also quite helpful that a Korean will usually very assertively tell you that they're Korean. :p What is it about small countries and nationalism? :rolleyes: