• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

W.I.P Thread for Dreamers Coats for Harry

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Thought it might help to have all three side by side, theses are with out dappling on the coat
The Creams.jpg

Oh and I took the mane off so you can see all the coat too

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Doing a great job here Dreamer!

I've never seen shiny coats like that before but I don't know much about horses at all.

Carmen, hope your feeling better soon!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I tweeked the hoof shader in that last pic to tone it down a wee bit as it looked like it was all most glowing before. I think its safe to say the creams are done other than I want to have another look at the Smokey Cream mane now I have a better shader there, unless any one has some thing they would like to add :)

I have just started working on the Champagnes and will have pic's soon :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
All I changed was the lights and coat colour, nothing done to the spec settings at all. It is set up to be light reactive :D

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Ok so the cream coats now have hair and hooves :) there will be three options for the fetlocks, Full= all the feathers, Thin= just a bit down the back and a Fringe= line of hair round the top of the hoof.
In the pic the have Full on the front and Fringe on the back. I have tried the metallic bloom on them too. Looks ok.
Now if I can work out how to do it would you like the bloom as a separate setting that you could add to any coat or do you just want it wrapped up with the coat settings?
The Creams2.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Freckling works nice and this eye coloring is nice. I guess the idea is to not make it look so even and smooth. I looked at the image I posted in the other thread and there were a lot of colors sort of woven into the coat surface tho give it the "white" appearance but upon closer examination you can see a collection of different color hair colors which when seen from a distance gives the coat that more natural mottled look.
Ok so the cream coats now have hair and hooves :) there will be three options for the fetlocks, Full= all the feathers, Thin= just a bit down the back and a Fringe= line of hair round the top of the hoof.
In the pic the have Full on the front and Fringe on the back. I have tried the metallic bloom on them too. Looks ok.
Now if I can work out how to do it would you like the bloom as a separate setting that you could add to any coat or do you just want it wrapped up with the coat settings?
View attachment 17340
I prefer them without the bloom. I can see the value for these breeds in real life to have that but in my limited knowledge and understanding of such breed markings matters and in Poser with my limited ability to navigate the higher end Materials functions I prefer not having to deal with the blooming Blooms of the coats since I would never use it.
Still think I would love instead a rougher more wild range horse set of coats.
The albino look is nice and having the mane look more natural makes a difference for me.....no circles of confusion there so I can see the coat it is on better.
THanks.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Freckling works nice and this eye coloring is nice. I guess the idea is to not make it look so even and smooth. I looked at the image I posted in the other thread and there were a lot of colors sort of woven into the coat surface tho give it the "white" appearance but upon closer examination you can see a collection of different color hair colors which when seen from a distance gives the coat that more natural mottled look.

I prefer them without the bloom. I can see the value for these breeds in real life to have that but in my limited knowledge and understanding of such breed markings matters and in Poser with my limited ability to navigate the higher end Materials functions I prefer not having to deal with the blooming Blooms of the coats since I would never use it.
Still think I would love instead a rougher more wild range horse set of coats.
The albino look is nice and having the mane look more natural makes a difference for me.....no circles of confusion there so I can see the coat it is on better.
THanks.
All good, was thinking it over last night and I think I will do the bloom as add on that can be used for any coat. That way if its not some thing you would want or use you dont have to have it :)
Next is seeing about getting the DS shaders set up, oh joy :confused: that will not be fun

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Ok so first pass on a Champagne complete with metallic bloom. Whatcha all think?
View attachment 17320

Sorry about the white hair I haven't got that bit done yet so he is borrowing the creams one for now :oops:
Just to go back to this one, any thoughts on the pattern of the super shine? Do you like where it it? Should it be on more or less of the body? What about the face?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
As I said not into the shiny coats. I usually tone reflections (and highlights in post) back substantially to minimize shiny coats (unless for some reason I need the coat sweaty of lathered or wet).
Just my pet thingie but sure others will like it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like the shiny, but I'd like to see a couple of different angles especially of the head as I can't really see the shiny on the face before I can say if it needs to be more or less

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Rae134 at the moment there is no shine on the head, this first pic with shine shows pretty well the places the shine is applying at the moment. Its map driven to constrain it to just some places. If you like and can post a pic of the shine map on Harry so you can see just where it is :)