• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

W.I.P Thread for Dreamers Coats for Harry

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Rae134 here you go :)
ShineMap.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
hmm, I'd maybe soften the bottom shoulder line a little maybe? (more random like the right side of the belly)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Cool, what about moving the top shoulder line up a bit to better follow the shape of it? Any where you think I should add or remove?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My suggestion would be to google "metallic coat horse" and look at all the pretty ponies :p of course lighting will effect it but I think most images will be consistent enough to give you an idea.

BTW, Kamba was the horse that got me fascinated with the AT breed when I was but a wee lass (many many moons ago :D)

And a couple of more pretties:

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
My suggestion would be to google "metallic coat horse" and look at all the pretty ponies :p of course lighting will effect it but I think most images will be consistent enough to give you an idea.

BTW, Kamba was the horse that got me fascinated with the AT breed when I was but a wee lass (many many moons ago :D)
I have that image in a book on horse breeds that I got years ago, all ways loved it. I have been looking at shiny coats till my eyes crossed lol I think with what you said about the shoulder and perhaps softening some of the other lines too will help. It will have to wait till later though as I am rendering promos for some thing else right now ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I think Kamba was the poster boy for the breed many years ago. I loved his coat the most but even his shape is nice, fine but not malnourished like some of them look.

I really loved that chestnut, my boys coat was like that only redder.

Looking at the coats, its seems to show metallic more on parts that stick out (and of course the lighting helps).

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Dang Rae you are better at digging up images than I am lol Looking at those ones I can see it need to go over the bony parts more and some down the flank in front of the point of hip.
Thanks thats a big help

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Glad you are feeling better!

I too love this breed- though you need a lot of room to keep them happy. I really like how the coat is coming along and will definately be buying it if you put it in the store!!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Slowly getting closer, Poser files are all done just need thumbnails, still need to fine tune and set up the DS files :confused: