• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

DanaTA

Distinguished
Very windy here today as well, though the gusts are only about 25mph. With the tall buildings around here, we wouldn't easily get winds that high, as the buildings would slow them down.

Actually, big cities with lots of tall buildings have the opposite effect. It's called the wind tunnel effect. The winds can really ramp up, sometimes, even on relatively calm days. I guess it depends on the angle the wind hits the buildings. The meteorologist on Boston 25 talks about it sometimes.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
True. If it's a Nor'easter that's exactly what could happen. If it's coming from the West, however, at least in this neighborhood, I wouldn't feel much of anything, except when crossing streets.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's currently around 60º, with a high of 63º expected. Yesterday it actually got into the 70ºs, so was really nice out.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Wow! 68º at noon! Which means it may get warmer today. Then, tomorrow, it will rain all day and be cooler. I feel bad for those running the Boston Marathon. But they don't seem to feel too bad, according to some of the interviews on the news last night. Of course, that was just a few people, out of thousands that run the race.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
We had gorgeous weather here today. It was in the mid-50º, bright and sunny, and I took advantage by going on one of my Power Walks for 1/2 hr. Felt invigorating when I got home. ;)

Terre

Renowned
We got a few minutes of hail as I was getting off work. Unfortunately it wasn't followed by a true storm, just a few minutes of rain. Drat.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It got to 63F here today. And relatively calm. I went outside in the late afternoon and raked some leaves. They pile up in the corner of the back yard, against the fence. And they pile up at the foot of the steps from my deck. I attacked the latter. Got most of it up. 2.5 bags. After a few days the bags will probably be able to fit more. They have a special pick up next week, so if I can keep them from getting soaked in the rain until then, I won't have to make a trip to the landfill with the bags. Here's hoping. It keeps raining every couple of days, though. I put them in the tiny shed I have...it's a Rubbermaid slide top shed, my lawn more, pressure washer, seed spreader and some other stuff is in there...no more will fit at all. Had to push the doors to get the padlock back.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Cloudy, cool and windy here. We have a chance of thunderstorms tonight. Hopefully we'll actually get a decent rain from it.

DanaTA

Distinguished
We were under a Frost Advisory last night, until 7:00 am today. I'm sure it got down there, too. Seasons are not right anymore! o_O

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've had to bundle up when going to sleep the past 3 nights. I haven't done that in many months, and it really annoys me. It's going to be May in a couple of days, and the weather is still "too warm" for us to get heat, but not warm enough to feel comfortable indoors.

At least it's been only partly cloudy the past couple of days, so no rain, which is a good thing. The high winds we had the other day are gone, so that's helpful as well.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Oh, rain, rain, rain, here. Today is nice. The rest of the week had the rain icon on the 7-day forecast graphic. Saturday and Sunday look like they'll be good...for now. In New England, a lot can change in a week. Heck, a lot can change in an hour!

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I wish we had 70º temps right now. Instead it's down in the 50º range, and chilly. ~shakes head~