• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, yesterday was the first day this year I actually went out without a jacket. It was a little breezy, but the sun is getting stronger, and I was walking to the gym, so I knew I wouldn't feel cold. I think our temps rose up to about 80º yesterday as well.

It's already 84º today, and it's only a little after Noon, so it's probably going to get up near 90º today.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's 84 F right now. 2:33 pm. So, it has the possibility of going up a little higher. We'll see. Maybe it will dry out the wet grass and start to dry out the ground a little. So much water in the ground. I may try to do the first mow on Wednesday...it's going to rain tonight...again.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
We're up to 85º here at 3:33pm, but I don't see any rain tonight in our forecast. Of course, that can always change.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's down to 81 now. And it suddenly got darker. She did say it would rain again, somewhere between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm, and likely would continue for a few hours. Looks like that's coming.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I was just out to run some errands, and it's still pretty sunny here, but feeling much warmer, and even a bit more humid than it did yesterday, which was a gorgeous day.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It rained a couple of times this evening...and there was some lightning and thunder. It's moving out now and the next two days will be nice...or so they said.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It rained off and on all day today. Oddest thing too driving home. As the clouds were patchy, but those clouds apparently were rain clouds.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I haven't been awake long enough to judge today's weather, other than it's sunny. I don't think it's supposed to be quite as warm as it was yesterday, so that's a good thing.

DanaTA

Distinguished
72 F at 3:26 pm. Probably won't get much warmer. A ten degree drop from yesterday at this time! No rain, though. I should be able to mow the lawn for the first time this season, tomorrow.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, it was bright and sunny, but definitely cooler than yesterday, so I had to wear a light-weight jacket.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
L.A. had a beautiful SoCal winter this year -- once it got here, which wasn't until nearly February. Now it doesn't seem to want to leave.
We're still getting overnight showers, and brisk winds afterwards. But it's very nice to be out in. Sunny with picture-perfect clouds.
The apartment hasn't yet lost its winter chill so I tend to have the space heater on a couple of times during a day.
Of course it can't last, so I'll enjoy it while I have it.

Terre

Renowned
We finally got a good rain. .56 inches. Of course it was a severe thunderstorm that had hail early on and flooded some streets but that is to be expected here.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Weather was pretty good her today, though I was inside. Made a cake for mom's birthday, and decorated it with some new ideas. Everyone thought it came out good. I thought it was...OK. I don't get a lot of practice with this stuff. Busy day, though.

Dana

Stezza

Dances with Bees
not far off winter where I am ( just 5 days away )

starting to show as well.. yesterday was a miserly 26c ( 84F ) and it's going to get worse! :cautious:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
more rain today-- which is pretty close to unheard of for May in Los Angeles. This storm will put us well over 4" (10.2 cm) for May which is usually "0.0". This years' rain total so far-- almost 37" (94 cm)-- that's well above normal.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, as far as I'm concerned, summer has landed. It's bright and sunny, with a high temp of 88ºF, and the first day I had to take my sun umbrella with me to the gym. :(

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Fire season will be horrendous once the new greenery dries out. All that will take is another dry season. But the rain is nice while we have it.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, as far as I'm concerned, summer has landed. It's bright and sunny, with a high temp of 88ºF, and the first day I had to take my sun umbrella with me to the gym. :(

Excuse me if I don't yet believe that. 88 F here right now. But just a few days ago, it couldn't even get out of the 60s. And just about a week ago, we had a freeze warning at night. And too much rain!!!

Dana