• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Textures for Fantasy Gazebo

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
I am looking for testers who own the fantasy gazebo to test a texture set Metal and Marble for the fantasy Gazebo. I need a poser tester for Firefly materials and a DS tester who can test either 3Delight or Iray or both.

PM me if you are interested, or send an email of interest to quantumrivergraphics@gmail.com

eyra.jpg

Window2.png

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Here is the green option. The marble color options are black,blue, white, black and green. The metal options are silver and gold. The look of the metal varies based on the program and material settings as well as the lighting.

Promo1aa.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Very pretty. Hope you find the testers you need hon. I wish that Chris would finish the ground and other bits he was working on for this!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just got this, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet so would be a good time to test if you like.
I have DS and I can do both (Iray does take a long time for my poor little computer but it is my fave :D)

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
I just got this, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet so would be a good time to test if you like.
I have DS and I can do both (Iray does take a long time for my poor little computer but it is my fave :D)
Hi Rae, thank you so much for volunteering. I have grown exceedingly fond of Iray as well.:) I have spent a lot of time this past spring and much of this summer trying to figure out how to render and do lighting and different things with Iray. I have a pretty big learning curve on it but so far I am really loving the results. I will PM you with the GoogleDrive link to the file.

Last edited:

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Very pretty. Hope you find the testers you need hon. I wish that Chris would finish the ground and other bits he was working on for this!
Thanks RAMWolff. I am also looking forward to the additions for this object. It has been a lot of fun playing around with textures for it.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
GORGEOUS!!!

I nearly have my set of flower fairy textures completed. So I will have to wheel out Amira for the promo images!!

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
GORGEOUS!!!

I nearly have my set of flower fairy textures completed. So I will have to wheel out Amira for the promo images!!

I can't wait to see your beautiful textures. I have not had nearly the time I would have liked to play around with DS and Poser these past months. I have several projects in the works but kind of stalled out and taking a back seat to my day job.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Thank you Pendraia. I really love the Gazebo especially the results I was able to get with Iray.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
That looks fantastic, AD! Love the metals and the glass.

The add on set for this is in my hands for textures. Chris is done with his part so it's on my plate now. I'm working on the ponytail hair for Dawn, Dusk and Sora first though. More than halfway through it now ...

Looking forward to seeing this in the store, AD!

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Thank you so much Lisa and Lorraine!

@Lisa--I really have had a lot of fun with this set. I think the main issue I ran into with it was trying to get similar results between the three render engines. In the long run, there were differences on the way the textures worked with each. The glass was probably the most problematic of all of them. Lighting is definitely a major factor in determining how it looks when rendered with the different textures. I am really happy that the add on for this set is coming out. It will be neat to see how it looks with my textures. It is being tested now. I hope to be able to submit it soon.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Okay, so it has been through a couple of testing rounds and found some issues and got some great suggestions from a couple of my testers to add on some more options for mixing and matching that I had not originally planned.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I haven't been doing much because the "new" computer is worse than my tablet (and I've been sick) so I haven't gotten to do an arty render of these beautiful sets.
They are truly spectacular! Can't wait for them to come out as I'm sure others will love them too.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Rae--Your suggestions and help were so valuable to me in developing more to this package than I had originally thought. I am doing up some final tweaks on the DS version with the added options. I had to learn a little about creating some incandescence to add a lighting option that Luminescence 3D suggested as well when she was doing some preliminary testing. Now that the addition is set to come out in not too much longer, I hope to do a matching set for the addition once I get it.
I haven't been doing much because the "new" computer is worse than my tablet (and I've been sick) so I haven't gotten to do an arty render of these beautiful sets.
They are truly spectacular! Can't wait for them to come out as I'm sure others will love them too.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
That is such beautiful work Rae! It is always so gratifying to me to see what other people do with stuff I have worked on. I think one of the things that I really love about 3D. It is like collaborating with other artists and seeing the unique visions that other people have for something that you have done. I really hope that other people like this set. Right now I am baking a low-light option with the incandescent setting on the lamps. I have never tried to do a low light image in iray, so we will see how it turns out.