• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

Aelin

Eager
hi, Raine & phdubrov. Welcome!

With all respect, Aelin, this is not saying that all future DAZ products will be encrypted. It is saying that products from OTHER STORES (like HiveWire) will benefit from features added by DS 4.9 (such as improved Iray) but cannot benefit from DAZ Connect Specific Features (whatever those might be - I have not installed DS 4.9 and have no personal interest in DAZ Connect). Will they eventually encrypt all .duf files? That remains a possibility, but has not been so stated :)

Hopefully that's helpful :)

eta - I think you might have just misunderstood - it IS confusing (thus the many long threads over there!)
So you haven't look on the link that i added in my message.

Are all products Daz Connect ready?
New products, as well as a huge selection of older products, will be offered through Daz Connect right away, with more of the older products having Daz Connect support added in the future. Products that have been offered through non-Daz Connect methods will continue to be available through those methods as well as through Daz Connect.
New products may begin to be offered through Daz Connect only. This will be determined on a product by product basis.

Daz connect = DS4.9. No Poser users, just DS4 users. And even, if the program accepts to work with "daz connect". So good luck.

Digitell

Enthusiast
*Pokes head in* Anyone got any biscuits and mustard?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Paganeagle do you have inside information regarding Daz's plans for Dawn etc content from RDNA or is your comment just speculation, so far I've seen questions regarding Dawn etc content being asked but as of yet no one official has made a statement, it might well still be something that they are negotiating.
Personally I would love to see Daz broker Dawn etc products it would give the figures a lot more exposure especially to the DS market.

I'll speculate. With my personal history with DAZ, and challenges that I've had with them personally to even release Dawn, there is no way in hell DAZ will provide support, or allow Dawn to grace their store. No way! And that includes all HiveWire owned and created content. Hows that for bold speculation?

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
THANK YOU CHRIS!!!! Now at least people will know I wasn't stirring. I get a lot of the, oh you don't know that for sure type of things, but yes I do!

All the best.

Richard

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That pretty much echos my thoughts too.

Only, I'd go as far as saying it would be a cold day in hell.

So either those vendors who have supported HiveWire figures at RDNA will stop supporting the HiveWire family or hopefully, sell elsewhere.

Preferrably here :wink:

I don't like shopping at Renderosity.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, so much for community wide support via the store front that many call "home base" it's all about Genesis. Not dissing them but the politics and maturity level really rears it's UGLY ass head times like these. Sadly true.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Welcome to everyone new here! I can hardly believe how much this thread grew over the day while I was working. But seriously, I love seeing new names of artists, and content creators. I think you will find that the overall dialogue on this site is inclusive of both DS and Poser users. I hardly ever even think about the other members as DS or Poser users. I think of them as fellow artists and 3D enthusiasts. I hope all the newcomers stay and participate in the constructive conversations and enthusiasm for creation that you will find here. Yes, it is farewell to RDNA, but I think there is a pretty bright future here at Hivewire 3D.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Itarille Starchild has pixie ears :wink:
Oh yeah, there ya go Richard. She won't take TOO long to get into the store. I think Satira's planning on getting her and her clothes, etc. to beta soon . . . ish. Damn, I always hated that word, but hate it even more now. ~shakes head~

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
In this forum and store???? Uh Uh!! This is a family oriented site, so she WILL wear her clothes. ;)

Besides, knowing Richard, he'll probably do a bunch of textures for the dress. :D

Digitell

Enthusiast
Hi Miss B. Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I have been to the Hive to buy items from time to time. Mainly the Luna products! Best Baby on the market! I just bought Monica and Axel..very lovely characters! Monica looks alot like Maggie from The Walking Dead..she caught my eye..very lovely! :) I look forward to more characters appearing in your store!
Cheers!
P.S. Is there a way to make it so you are notified of replies via emails? Thank you! :)