• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RDNA request

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks, Alisa. I will do that.

Me too. But I am getting errors with his "Advanced" plugins in Poser 11 SR-6. Is it just me? This is why I am searching for him, with hopes I might have missed some update for Poser 11.

Sorry I don't have Poser 11 so I can't check it out. His scripts are so popular though someone here must have both them and Poser 11.

Hope you manage to get it sorted, one way or the other.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, I will try to locate SemiDieu at DAZ, but looks like he might have retired.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks, Alisa. I will do that.
Me too. But I am getting errors with his "Advanced" plugins in Poser 11 SR-6. Is it just me? This is why I am searching for him, with hopes I might have missed some update for Poser 11.

Are you talking about his Advanced Shader plugin? If so, Lully used it a lot. Maybe an email to her? And Surreality, too.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
No, I make my own shaders by hand. :) This is about Advanced Figure Manager 2, Advanced Library Manager 2, and Advanced Materials Manager 2 plugins. They all give me errors in Poser 11, and tend to keep it from closing. The plugins work, but they mess Poser up.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
No, I make my own shaders by hand. :) This is about Advanced Figure Manager 2, Advanced Library Manager 2, and Advanced Materials Manager 2 plugins. They all give me errors in Poser 11, and tend to keep it from closing. The plugins work, but they mess Poser up.

Oh well, I hoped............

D

Deleted member 325

I need to contact SemiDieu concerning his Poser plugins I have purchased at RDNA that are causing crashes on Poser 11. I was hoping there might be updates I may have missed. I have found his blank page at DAZ, but don't know how to contact him. Does anybody know how to get a hold of him? I would appreciate any info.
My understanding is, sadly, that SemiDieu has left the community all together. I had many of his scripts and updates, and check to see if their were ever patches for Poser 11, but I do not recall any official releases for P11. I do have a personal email for him in my archives, but have not tried it since the fall of RDNA when he announced his intention just to move on to other things and leave the Poser/Daz/3D world behind.

Hornet3d

Wise

They are big ones to me, far more than just plugings I have used them so long they are part of Poser for me. Some of the Netherworks scripts cover some of the functionality but the loss of these plugins would be a issue for me.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I do not recall any official releases for P11.

Thanks for the info, KR. I wonder if I am the only one using those plugins with Poser 11 here? If somebody else is, and they don't get the error messages, that would be helpful.

They are big ones to me,

Yeah, I use his Advanced Figure Manager 2 attached to the Poser interface, loading with it by default. I can't imagine Poser without it. Conversely, using it causes error messages to popup, or Poser won't start, or won't close. The plugin still works, but the side effects are annoying.

Willowisp

Adventurous
There was a list being compiled at the old RDNA forum of which scripts would work in P11 and which wouldn't. That's gone now, of course, but I do remember LM2 being on the 'working' list. This was on initial release tho (I think) and it's anyone's guess if it still works with the latest SR's. The other scripts you mentioned, I don't remember unfortunately.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I can't be sure after this long, but I think the errors started to popup after SR3 or 4. I think the plugins were still working on the original P11.

Hornet3d

Wise
There was a list being compiled at the old RDNA forum of which scripts would work in P11 and which wouldn't. That's gone now, of course, but I do remember LM2 being on the 'working' list. This was on initial release tho (I think) and it's anyone's guess if it still works with the latest SR's. The other scripts you mentioned, I don't remember unfortunately.

A real shame but that is life I guess and no one can expect any vendor to provide support for ever and a day. I am still running Poser 2014 but it would be much harder to work with if I were not able to use these scripts, or worse still, have the problems that Ken is having. Like Ken, I have them set up as defaults and have used them so long they now seem part of Poser, the same can be said for the Netherworks scripts I use. I know when I upgraded to Poser 2014 and lost the scripts I found using Poser real hard work and took the best part of the day getting all the scripts running and updating my defaults.

D

Deleted member 325

I checked my file archives and have no releases for P11 updates for any of Semedieu's scripts. The last version I can say was officially supported from what I have as notes was Poser 10/2014. I am not 100% sure, but vaguely remember some contention over needing to update the scripts again so soon as many still needed updated to Poser 10/2014. IIRC this was already causing some stress for the creator, and then I think when RDNA merged with Daz3D it just tipped the balance - I am going on memory of posts from over a year ago though with no way to reference and check, so this is not necessarily accurate.

I briefly remember a thread on SM forums regarding the Shaderworks scripts and functionality, but I cannot find it now - which makes me think it devolved into the usual SM bashing and was locked and hidden by mods. It may just be eluding my search skills though.

D

Deleted member 325

Was just about to edit my previous post to add that one. Not the thread I remember, but seems to be fans and users of the script, so discussing it there might yield helpful troubleshooting results.

Some of the reasons mentioned here are also why I run multiple versions of Poser in tandem... need my Particles, and Advanced Render Settings, and Metanurbs, and...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ah, too bad, thought that might be the one you were looking for :(

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the link, Alisa! I have posted a question there to find out if this is only happening to me.