• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Questions about Dawn

cosmasad

Miss B, am I right in saying that "dynamic" clothes don't need to be conformed and that you can just place them on the figure and they move with the poses?

D

Deleted member 325

Once placed on the figure, you need to run a dynamic simulation in the cloth room (after posing the figure).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You're partially correct. Dynamic clothes are not conformed, and you do place dynamic clothing on a character, BUT, you need to run a simulation of the clothing in Poser's Cloth Room.

Basically, you would start in frame 1 with the character's default pose, and then in say frame 30, you would pose the character in the final pose you want. Then you would use the Cloth Room settings to get the clothing to "fall into place" on the character by running the 30 frame simulation.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Dynamic clothes have the word dynamic as part of the product name.

Sometimes. Sometimes not. :)

Unfortunately we don't have an option for conforming or dynamic when picking categories.

It would generally say on the product page, and you might search in the store for "dynamic".

Miss B

CV-BEE
Sometimes. Sometimes not. :)

Unfortunately we don't have an option for conforming or dynamic when picking categories.

It would generally say on the product page, and you might search in the store for "dynamic".
Oh, I didn't realize we had any dynamic clothing in the store that doesn't have dynamic in the name. I guess I'm so used to Lully's dynamic clothing, as she always names her products that way.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep, Lully usually does and Sunfire does.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh Duuuuuh. I, for one, certainly should know that. ~shakes head~

They say the memory's the first thing to go.