• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Right, but now he'll be released at Daz won't he. So I'd think just like all their 'proprietary' content, we won't see any more WIP or be able to follow along in the dog thread like we do here, or for that matter see WIP from any other up and coming animals that have been talked about here for down the line. They have such strict NDA's that it seems unlikely Chris will be able to share his progress in an open forum thread anymore.

I'm not sure what gives you this impression. WE (HW3D) own our content, Daz does not. We are free to do as we like with it including WIP posts as we have been doing. We are simply publishing it via the Daz store in an effort to get more exposure for our fantastic animals and to bolster our beloved Hive.

HiveWire animals still belong to HiveWire. Just because the HiveWire Dog will ultimately be exclusively released at DAZ doesn't mean Chris isn't in control of it before he submits it to DAZ. It's not a case where DAZ purchased the rights to the HiveWire Dog before it was completed. The HiveWire Dog will be submitted to DAZ just like any other PA submits their products to DAZ. DAZ will then decide whether to accept the HiveWire dog or decline.

Don't DAZ PAs still post WIPs in the DAZ forums?

Many do if it's for a major figure that has been released; I wouldn't expect to see anyone posting about an addon to something that DAZ hasn't made publically available yet. Others don't, at least on the DAZ Forums, though I have seen WIP posts elsewhere, like on Facebook.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Yes I am 99% positive that will be the case. I will of course continue to show WIPs here as well. Again remember we are vendors there/we didn't and won't be selling the products to Daz and what we are making legally belongs to HW3D not Daz.

Yay! Good to know.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I'm not sure what gives you this impression. WE (HW3D) own our content, Daz does not. We are free to do as we like with it including WIP posts as we have been doing. We are simply publishing it via the Daz store in an effort to get more exposure for our fantastic animals and to bolster our beloved Hive.

That's nice, I wasn't aware that vendors can post WIP in the future. As I said a minute before in the thread above this...yay!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Cat Stevens is a cutie pie!!!!
I'm wondering if many people don't realize how much morphing is possible with the Hivewire critters??

I found that Poser Pro 11 was a life saver for rigging in Poser! I'd been using Poser Pro 2014 and struggling with rigging until Glitter suggested using Poser Pro 11. Oh, what a difference that has made. Not that I'm at all comfortable yet with rigging. Dynamic clothing is ever so much easier to create!!!

What's really scary is that I had very little problems rigging the conforming clothing in Sweete Reyn. So, I totally expect HiveWire QAV (not QAM) to have all kinds of issues when they test!

Cats really are rather unique. Not that dogs aren't also. But my Tsuki has bigger paws than any of my other cats have had. They are also pointed, which apparently means she has some Oriental breed in her ancestry. Chris included morphs to make the ears more pointed, though I don't remember whether there is also a morph to make the head more rounded. I think there are also paw sizing morphs. But since I have a render going, I can't load up the cat and look. If not, body part sizing works fabulously on the HiveWire House Cat just as on the HiveWire Horse.

With Cat Stephens, I went the other way, with making the head narrower and the ears more pointed. I was aiming for a bit of a fae cat type look.

View attachment 27440

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Thought of this famous poem as soon as I read your post, Laurie.

Catalog

(Rosalie Moore)

Cats sleep fat and walk thin.
Cats, when they sleep, slump;
When they wake, pull in--
And where the plump's been
There's skin.
Cats walk thin.

The ears don't seem to be set right to me and are too rounded, the head isn't round enough (although for some breeds that's perfectly acceptable) and the paws seem too large. I also feel there isn't enough fullness in the back end, especially when sitting, but that's darn hard to do I would think :). Cats are a complicated mixture of muscle and fat. LOL.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Desertsilver.

I swear Tsuki weighs a ton when she's running on top the kitchen cabinets or when I'm trying to drag her away from something.

Other times, she's quieter than a mouse, and even sneakier. When she leaps from the floor to the bathroom cabinet, it's so effortless, like she weighs no more than thistledown.

HiveWire animals (and humans) are so amazingly morphable. Though I also am amazed at how easy it is to scale individual body parts without ever breaking the mesh or making it look funky.

Like this version of Harry, that involved a lot of body part scaling,.

upload_2017-7-10_19-40-3.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Monthly Coupon is only for $6 off Daz Originals. Excludes Platinum Club items, gift cards, and memberships. It doesn't work for the HW3D stuff.

There are two monthly coupons...the PC+ one and the PA one. For the latter, you have to spend $18, then you get $6 off of that.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Actually the other PC+ coupon would be good on them once they fall off the 90-day buffer of new products. That coupon is good for $6 off of PA items of over $18. But not good on new products. The base is priced at a point that a PC+ member will be able to use it once we get into October.

I'll admit that I've rarely used that coupon.

Same here, mostly because I can't afford that much lately.

Dana

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Just adding my voice to those hoping that you don't stop working on your griffon and hippogriff.

I have to say, I was rather hurt when I opened my email this afternoon and saw the newsletter for the "HW3D Special Announcement."

I was about to finish work on several of my WIPs (hippogriff, griffon, manticore, horse skeleton) and get them ready for release. Now, I'm not so sure it makes sense, as the very customers mentioned at the beginning of this thread, who wondered where those great animal figures came from, will now have to look no further than DAZ.

DanaTA

Distinguished
With the animals going to DAZ, will we have to jump through their convoluted downloading system..( eg file encryption) or can we simply download and install manually into Poser as we can here ?
I realise that as a business, in order to prosper and grow, one has to reach out to the largest market. But I must admit I prefer the store here at Hivewire over that of DAZ's. I was a regular purchaser of Poser stuff from them for years, once I started playing with Poser 4 all those year's ago. But since they decided to favour DAZ's products and drop compatability with Poser formats I've not purchased anything from DAZ for a few years. I just hope everything runs smoothly for you.

There are actually very few items there that are encrypted. Most are not. I think there was a lot of upheaval about the DAZ Connect idea, and they have be wary of putting many products into that line. Connect-only content would probably not even fill up half a page in the marketplace.

Dana

PaxAsteriae

New-Bee
I was about to finish work on several of my WIPs (hippogriff, griffon, manticore, horse skeleton) and get them ready for release. Now, I'm not so sure it makes sense, as the very customers mentioned at the beginning of this thread, who wondered where those great animal figures came from, will now have to look no further than DAZ.

Please don't stop making these. I know a lot of people say they don't boycott DAZ, but as someone who abso-bloody-lutely does after over a decade in the hobby because what minor goodwill they had left was squandered away with the RDNA debacle... I want to buy this stuff, but I don't want to buy it through people who've done nothing to earn my goodwill! So please, please, sell them here or at Rendo, they sound awesome and as someone who loves their mythology, I don't really want to miss out...

Also @Alisa, thank you somewhat belatedly for the welcome. Didn't know the forum software had changed, that explains a lot. And there was me panicking, haha...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'll admit that the products I have released here have historically had rather lower sales performance than I would like, but I was still planning to support HiveWire's animals with addon products in the confidence that a customer base interested in such products would grow as the catalogue of animal figures grew.

I like many others hope you continue to work on your fantasy morphs. I love what you do with the horse and the cat.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Me 3.

Also @Alisa, thank you somewhat belatedly for the welcome. Didn't know the forum software had changed, that explains a lot. And there was me panicking, haha...

LOL, We have a FAQ section that can help. The forum software we're using now is awesome! Lots of things that you couldn't do before.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
lol...

I now feel like eating some fried onion rings o_O

and not being a cat lover... I had to google Meowr :cool:

Well, the thing is me likes me Onion Rings with Ketchup!! =)

Stezza you so crack me up!! =) Love the render you posted hope they don't hold a grudge against that/us!

BTW did Pam Chohole sort out her issues with Bryce?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I doubt Pam has been on yet... I'd imagine she is fast asleep now dreaming of annoying Australians with missing post renders :sleep: :whistling: :flower02:

Status
Not open for further replies.