• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So do v4 and the others from that era in ds. There is a ds converter that does gen2 to gen3 and the reverse.

I'm assuming all these you beaut scripts only work in poser 12? As I'm still on 11 I'll wishlist them until then.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
So do v4 and the others from that era in ds. There is a ds converter that does gen2 to gen3 and the reverse.

I'm assuming all these you beaut scripts only work in poser 12? As I'm still on 11 I'll wishlist them until then.

The DUF pose converter does not care for what figure the poses are for. It just converts them to PZ2. Yes, V4 poses can work reasonably well with Dawn. It all depends on how close the grouping is.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes I agree but if people wish to use gen3 and above they'll need to convert them before covering to pose files unless your script does that?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes I agree but if people wish to use gen3 and above they'll need to convert them before covering to pose files unless your script does that?

Genesis 3 and 8 poses don't work well with Dawn. Genesis 8 is especially bad, because she comes in A-pose instead of T-pose, but even if we adjust the pose, the results are still pretty bad. In good part, that happens because these figures are game models, where thighs and forearms were split into 2 separate bones due to game engine requirements, and also the technical limitations of SimpleBone rigging these newer figures use. SimpleBone can only have 1 single weight map per joint, so they have to split these bones into 2 to be able to perform bend and twist rotations without destroying the joint.

This makes it impossible to remap the poses back to a TriAx figure, where joints can have multiple weight maps, and don't need to be split into separate bones. The pose converter was designed to work with Poser/DS TriAx figures, not SimpleBone game models. I suppose game models like Genesis 3 and 8 would need a dedicated pose converter to make them usable with TriAx figures. Even if we convert the figures back to TriAx, that wouldn't help, because we want to convert the poses, not the figures. And since G3 and 8 have different default poses, each would need a different pose converter to compensate for that. Those things were expected when DAZ departed from TriAx rigging, turning their figures into game models. They threw compatibility out the window.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ah, that's what I was saying - a pose converter between TriAx and SimpleBone would need a dedicated tool. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Runtime Scavenger for Poser 12

This is a Python script for Poser 12. Requires Poser 12.0.993 or later.

Ever wanted to extract contents from your Poser library and create a runtime installer for it? Maybe you want to back it up, or perhaps you have created new contents merged with the main library, and need to have its runtime extracted? The Runtime Scavenger automates that task, allowing you to choose what you want to extract, where to save it, and even Zip it up for you. Check it out HERE.

Promo_000_300x350_RuntimeScavenger.jpg

Here is a general overview of the feature set.

Promo_000_1000x1200_RuntimeScavenger.jpg

The operation is very simple. From your Poser library, choose a category, like Figure, Poser, Face, Hands, etc, and then locate the content folder you want. Drag and drop it over the script’s drop area. Now repeat the operation for the other library categories you want to include, and that’s it! Choose where to save it, and press the “Create Distro!” button. The default mode will create a ZIP archive containing all items from your selection. The required geometries and textures are scanned and collected automatically. It will only include the ones referenced by your selected files.

Promo_01_768x1024_RuntimeScavenger.jpg

You can also extract multiple products if they are all under a common parent folder.

Promo_02_768x1024_RuntimeScavenger.jpg

You also have an option to create both the runtime folder structure and the respective ZIP version in one go. To do so, use the default option, and enable the “Keep Runtime after ZIP” box at the bottom.

Promo_03_768x1024_RuntimeScavenger.jpg

You can extract all, or just parts of a product. For example, you can extract only the materials by dragging only the folder from the Materials library. As usual with my scripts, it includes a dedicated button to open the PDF manual, where you can find more detailed information at any time. You decide what you want to include. You can watch the demo video HERE:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Go Physical for Poser 12

This is a Python script for Poser 12. Requires Poser 12.0.1029 or later.
Go Physical is available at Renderosity, and also at the Poser Software store.

Promo_000_300x350_GoPhysical.jpg

Automate the creation of Superfly PhysicalSurface PBR shaders out of existing Firefly Poser Surface materials, while preserving the original. Render materials in both Firefly and Superfly with native support for both. BONUS PBR metal creator to turn selected MAT zones into PBR metallic surfaces. Here are some of the main features:

Promo_000_1000x1200_GoPhysical.jpg

It allows creating a PhysicalSurface PBR shader base of your existing PoserSurface materials with 1-click, ready for tweaking.

Promo_01_768x1024_GoPhysical.jpg

It has an option to auto create a Roughness map out of your existing bump or specular maps (if available), but PBR metallic map creation cannot be automated. Instead, it offers a dedicated button to create your metals in the selected MAT zones:

Promo_02_768x1024_GoPhysical.jpg

Since Firefly complex shader may not produce good results in PBR, you also have an option to skip them and plug only the texture map they use (if available). Here are all the options you have with Go Physical.

Promo_03_768x1024_GoPhysical.jpg

Note that this is a script to automate the creation of a PBR shader base out of a Firefly material. This is not a material converter. You might still have to adjust the results to produce the specific looks you are aiming for. It skips the tedious part of creating the PBR base, so you can go straight to tweaking in a jiffy. ^_____^

Go Physical is available at Renderosity, and also at the Poser Software store.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm gonna ask, 'cause I've made a big stink outta pointing out that some Cycles nodes are missing from Poser. Will this substitute or be able to compensate for those missing nodes?

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
No. It's just the Physical Root Node. It's one of the root options in P12. It makes Superfly easier to use for those with no Cycles experience.

Forgot to mention that it is a real time saver when converting FF materials to PBR.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In a nutshell, it gets your PoserSurface material, creates a new PhysicalSurface root node, and plugs the shaders (or just the maps) to it, depending on what options you select. It's pretty much as shown in the screenshots above, where it saves you the work of manually creating the PBR root nodes, copying the values, and reconnecting the existing maps. You can choose to do it over 1 item (figure, or prop), or optionally apply to ALL items conformed to the figure.

As some extras, it offers a choice to create a PBR Roughness map out of your Firefly maps, and has a dedicated button to create PBR metallic surfaces over your selected MAT zones. It automates what uses to be a rather tedious manual process, where you can get it done with 1-click, and go straight to the tweaking part right away. :)

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Quick Cam for Poser 12
This is a Python script for Poser 12. Requires Poser 12.0.1029 or later.
Quick Cam is available at Renderosity and also at PoserSoftware.

Promo_000_300x350_QuickCam.jpg

Get quick access to all cameras available in Poser. You can quickly switch between different cameras, create new ones, reset one or all cameras, rename them, and make a camera frame the currently selected object from your Poser scene. It also has an extra feature that allows viewing through ShadowLite cameras, and rename them to match the respective lights they represent.

Promo_000_1000x1200_QuickCam.jpg

Each camera button has 3 functions, and the reset button has 2.

Promo_01_768x1024_QuickCam.jpg

You can create new custom cameras (Aux and Dolly), as well as select, rename, and delete them.

Promo_02_768x1024_QuickCam.jpg

Get quick access to ShadowLite Cams, with option to rename them all to match the actual light names.

Promo_03_768x1024_QuickCam.jpg

The panel is compact and divided into separate sections for clarity and organization. All controls have tooltips showing what they do, and as usual with my scripts, you have a help button that opens the PDF manual for full access to all functionalities.

Promo_04_768x1024_QuickCam.jpg

Quick Cam is available at Renderosity and also at PoserSoftware.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Do you know if all of these scripts work with the upcoming Poser 13?

So far they all work with it. I actually have a new script that will only work in Poser 13 because it uses a new feature that was just added to it. There is no saying what will change in P13, though. We'll have to wait and see. :)

Can you :
1. Animate any camera?
2. Create a path for the camera to follow?

If not, you should consider adding it in.

That sounds like an interesting idea. However, Poser path objects can only be used with the Walk Designer, which on its turn, only supports figures, not cameras. Poser would have to first introduce this as a new feature before I could add it to scripts from Python. As it stands, path objects are not accessible to cameras. Until that happens, we can animate cameras with traditional keyframes.

eclark1894

Visionary
So far they all work with it. I actually have a new script that will only work in Poser 13 because it uses a new feature that was just added to it. There is no saying what will change in P13, though. We'll have to wait and see. :)

That sounds like an interesting idea. However, Poser path objects can only be used with the Walk Designer, which on its turn, only supports figures, not cameras. Poser would have to first introduce this as a new feature before I could add it to scripts from Python. As it stands, path objects are not accessible to cameras. Until that happens, we can animate cameras with traditional keyframes.
Okay, you're going to make me go look, but I'm inclined to believe that SM did add that function before they sold to Bondware.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Okay, you're going to make me go look, but I'm inclined to believe that SM did add that function before they sold to Bondware.

They did introduce a new "3D path" and made a hype about it, but it was so bad that Bondware decided to remove it since P11.3. I know I have tried using it, and it was beyond cumbersome.