• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Just ordered Poser 11 Pro

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, where do I install all these files? The instructions are a bit confusing to me. Runtime folder I'm guessing but then how does one access this from inside of Poser?
I'm pretty sure there's a ReadMe or Instructions file, but it should be in Runtime > Python > poserScripts > ScriptsMenu where you would create a folder for SnarlyGribbly.

That way you'll see it in the Poser Scripts Menu. I also have a freebie from Joe called Scripts Servant, which I set up to open the Scripts Menu as a popup dialog box. I usually drag it somewhere and dock it, but I don't know how to dock it permanently, so do it each time I load up Poser 9 or PoserPro 11.

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Congrats Earl. You'll really love it!

Hopefully someday soon you'll have Poser 11 Pro Faery_Lite. Totally worth the upgrade purchase.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I did purchase Pro 11 from Rendo while it was on sale, but somehow Poser 11 was installed not Pro even though I upgraded from 2014 Pro.
How do I get it to upgrade to Pro, not standard?:bounce:
I have the latest DLM and serial numbers.

Edited to say...Just figured it out and now have Pro 11 active.

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I knew I had purchased it but somehow only P11 installed.
So I looked at the serial numbers and I had both, somehow I put P11 serial in first.
Now I put the correct serial in and restarted to get it updated...I am happy!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, the correct serial number for the Pro version makes all the difference. Glad you got it set up correctly. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
I did purchase Pro 11 from Rendo while it was on sale, but somehow Poser 11 was installed not Pro even though I upgraded from 2014 Pro.
How do I get it to upgrade to Pro, not standard?:bounce:
I have the latest DLM and serial numbers.

Edited to say...Just figured it out and now have Pro 11 active.

Congrats at getting the upgrade at such a stunning price and getting the Pro version installed. I upgraded a few days before Christmas and was initially disappointed both with Superfly and the Library which was slow and sometimes did not load. Happy to say I am beginning to like it a lot more. Ezskin 3 is a must as non Superfly characters look like black statues otherwise. Conversion of figures like M4 and V4 seem to work straight off while I have found the Dawn conversion needs a few tweeks with the eyes, but that might just be due to the materials I am using. New Area (mesh) lights look very interesting and I am finding it running quite a bit faster the 2014 Pro.

People here have been very supportive and have given me a great deal of information so a quick look as 'Heads up Poser is on sale' and 'I am fast giving up on Poser 11' might help get you up to speed faster. It might also prevent you from making some of the mistakes I made. Both threads are in the same forum as this thread. Some of my conversions are in the 'Just wanted to to post an image' thread if you are interested.

Hope you have fun.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've had Poser 11 working for some time and love it but wanted PP 11 which I was certain I had purchased.
But when I installed it I still had standard.
Silly me was forgetting to put in the correct serial number. :laugh:

I get most of snarlygribbly's pythons and EZ Skin comes loaded with Poser 11 and Pro.
Love those scripts and I fiddle with the settings to get the texture looking the way I want. :)

BB has some great scripts and settings too but with RDNA gone I don't know where his threads went.

Everyone here always helps when I need it and I never get negative comments.

It's great to belong to the Hive! :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey FL, you can get all of BB's scripts here --> Bagginsbill File Cabinet

Just check the left column to find which one you want, and bookmark that main page, as that's where you'll find any new scripts he comes up with.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Miss B.
I had forgotten that I had the page bookmarked.
But I do wonder if any of his threads where he showed examples of what he is doing will be revived here or somewhere else.
I love his elder skin tutorial he had on RDNA and use the settings (tweaked for my needs) a lot.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I usually see him at the Smith Micro Poser forum, and occasionally at Renderosity's Poser forum. Not sure if there's anywhere else he posts about his goodies.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks, Miss B.
I had forgotten that I had the page bookmarked.
But I do wonder if any of his threads where he showed examples of what he is doing will be revived here or somewhere else.
I love his elder skin tutorial he had on RDNA and use the settings (tweaked for my needs) a lot.

I really liked his eye materials, I know there is one on his site but, there was a thread that ran for many pages explaining what was required for each of the different materials and why. I am not sure it is exists at Rendo but if it was at RDNA then it is a sad loss as was all the other information that was there.