• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Just ordered Poser 11 Pro

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hi,

Yup, I gave in. There were too many new tools to help with content creation that I need at this point NOT to upgrade. So I'm waiting... I have the Smith Micro Download Manager up and running and I guess it's downloaded all the files but each finished button changed to a "waiting" button. Waiting for what? Any advice about when that will change to Install?

Thank you

Richard

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Just wondering how long the "waiting" is. If it's downloaded then I don't know what the hold up is! o_O

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Wolf, the DLM is "waiting" for you to install Poser 11 Pro first; then the content installers will change to an [install] button.

The installer for Poser itself should be showing ready as [install], while all of the others are [waiting...]

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, OK, where do I get the main Poser Pro 11 file then? I thought for sure the download manager would download that too. I see one called Poser Support Files but other than that I don't see any main Poser installer, just clothing, figures, hair and all that stuff...

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Support files are the manuals, tutorial videos, and face room files.

The Poser installer should be at the top of the list. Is your DLM window small, so that you need to scroll? Show me a screen shot if the P11Pro installer isn't appearing.
Did you enter your P11Pro serial number when you opened the DLM?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
All I'm seeing is the older version of Poser (2014) which I uninstalled.

ScreenHunter_203 May. 20 12.25.jpg

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Ah, two questions:
  • What version of the DLM are you running? It should be build number 1.0.6.32055 and you should have gotten an installer for it with your P11Pro purchase, albeit it might be an earlier build 1.0.6.3xxxx which will need to update itself before it can download the Poser 11 Pro files. You can open the DLM and click "Help:about" in the top of the window to see the build number.
  • Did you enter the P11Pro serial? (Not the Pro2014 serial)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, newest version of the installer and the serial number is in place.. Oh, maybe I need to put in the NEW serial number? Grrrrrrrrrrr I just assumed the installer needed the older one for proof that the upgrade was valid... OMG. I'm such a dunce.. let me check that out...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK. Well thank you so much. That at least kick started my brain lol The installer is now showing the new files! YAY!

eclark1894

Visionary
Sadly, when I finally do get Poser it won't be the PP11 version. Just can't afford it. Hoping that I'll be able to catch a sale and upgrade later though. At this point I basically just need Superfly anyway.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I have to LOL about Superfly. I just did my first render in Poser Pro 11... OMG. Zombie Dawn! :p

Some points to take in. FASTER than the older version of Poser Pro 2014 I have. MUCH faster. I love the small improvements to the UI and the main work window now has a full "chamber" so you don't feel like your figure is floating or has no walls. Cool thing is if you pan under your figure the floor becomes transparent so you can see what your doing. Scrolling in the content pane is allot smoother and faster too and things load and delete allot faster too.

ZombieDawn.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Congrats on getting PP11 Rich. You might want to hop over to CGBytes and pick up Snarly's EZSkin 3. It's a freebie, but you need to get it through the store. Then you can run Bruna through it before doing another SuperFly render.

You'll probably need to get some "character presets" for Dawn and Dusk. I know someone here has created them, but I'll have to go through the forum search to find a link. Then you can choose Dawn, or Bruna should be recognized as Dawn, and you're set to go.

Read the instructions on where to place everything, and how to add the character presets that come packaged with EZSkin 3, namely all the characters included with Poser.

Here's a render I just posted a little while ago --> Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Luckily I have both EZSkin's as there was another subscriber here that popped into my Bruna thread to link me up!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Luckily I have both EZSkin's as there was another subscriber here that popped into my Bruna thread to link me up!
Well depending on when you got them (I use version 2 in P9), EZSkin 3 was updated the other day, so go over to CGBytes and make sure you have the most current version.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK, where do I install all these files? The instructions are a bit confusing to me. Runtime folder I'm guessing but then how does one access this from inside of Poser?