• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

If I'm not as active for a week or two

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well most of the parents that come to my salon build that into their own kids. I'm thankful I've only had to give shade to a few kids that have come into our salon. This one woman brought her self absorbed daughter to her color and cut appointment. When the girl realized it wasn't going to be the timing she expected she started getting bitchy. Next thing I hear her mother was telling her to be patient and the girl called her mother a "f'ing bitch" and I flew off the handle. I reprimanded that little girl like I was the father figure in the salon. The mother mouthed a "thank you" to me through the mirror. The girl DID apologize to the salon and to her mother but for me the damage was done. What a brat! I would have had her outside for a good talking too and perhaps have her sit in the car. I just don't get kids these days, so many are just lazy, thoughtless and unconscious to others around them and yea, manners... o_O it's just shame to me. I would have been picking my mouth up off of the floor if I ever spoke to my mother like that and grounded for a month. Kids that are raised to just play and have fun and not learn anything like manners.. bad parenting all the way around.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So sorry to hear about MiniPin...:grouphug:

I'm really glad to hear that your move went well though.

McGyver

Energetic
I feel out of the loop because I don't know for sure who MiniPin was... I'm guessing she might be a miniature pinscher, but whatever species she was, it's irrelevant and I'm sorry for your loss.

I saw that there were recent posts in this tread and I was like "oh I wonder how the move went?", figuring it had to be better then the place with the mold monsters in the basement... I didn't expect any really bad luck.

I hope you and your family find peace and whatever resettling is left goes smoothly from here on.

Be well.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, a MiniPin is a Miniature Pinscher, though ours seemed a little larger than most and looked like a Doberman Pinscher.
My nephew said he had papers on her that stated she was a MiniPin but I think whoever he bought from gave fake papers.
At any rate we ended up with her just before she turned one year old and she was just seven years old this year.

Well so far we really like the house, not happy with having a set of stairs to go up or down when the need arises to go to doc or something.
There is a parking slot and the steps lead down to our porch as the street is up an embankment.
with my feet and legs screaming in pain at just walking on level ground I shudder using those steps.
But we have it really nice inside, clean walls, no leaky ceiling or mold and central air instead of window units.
The water we drink is better too as whoever became water commissioner in Berger after our friend died, does not keep it as clean.
Sometimes that water tasted like something died in the tank...ugh.
We used bottled water most of the time.
Berger is listed as one of the top ten ghost towns in Missouri with a population of 200 or less, no stores or other commercial businesses.

So we are happier here even if there were one or two sad events.
And I know we will be a bit healthier without that mold...ugh.

The lead singer in the last band I was in began to suffer from a strange mix of maladies. She was getting worse and worse and seeing doctors when she could. One of the doctor's diagnosis was leukemia! At last she got so ill that she couldn't care for herself and so a girlfriend had her move in so as to care for her. When she moved, her girlfriend and the rest of the band went and moved her out of her apartment. There was a big bookshelf, all full of music books, sheet music and like that. After it was unloaded, I went to move it and it was glued to the wall with black mold! I started sneezing like crazy and said the hell with this, and got out of there. After living with her girlfriend for about a month she started getting better fast and in less than a year was back in good health.
Cured of leukemia! A Miracle! Praise the Lord!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I posted pics of the place on FB.
It really feels good to relax in a place that does not smell link mold. :)

I think your health will improve now. It's so freaky how mold can make people sick in different ways. How do you suppose it does all it's wicked tricks? Considering that you were in a ghost town, and ghosts don't do anything useful, there will probably be no remediation for that place. And if the basement can't be kept dry the mold will come back anyway. At my singer's apartment, the landlord had to do a toxic clean-up after she left. Because we reported it.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Most of all the older people, (70s and 80s) who run the town , now either deceased or getting there, new younger ones are taking over.
The younger ones want industry and commerce to be in their town, the older ones do not.
As a result of the old folks keeping all businesses out, the town is nothing but like a suburb.

I really do not care now that I am out of there if they tear down every building in the town....lol.

Let the ghosts have it...hahahah!

McGyver

Energetic
I read that as "let the goats have it".
So I'm picturing something like Red Dawn, only with communist goats.

There's lots of goats towns in the western US, courtesy of Phelps-Dodge. I lived in one that's just a Resort Town now, having been de-goatsded. Some of the old houses are built on stone foundations that are now just crumbling, and yet they are worth hundreds of thousands. But because this town is on the national registry of historical places, new building is not allowed. It's OK to restore what's there, or build on existing lots according to zoning. But no expansion. If there's ever an earthquake though... bye-bye Resort. The ground is riddled with mine shafts.