• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

If I'm not as active for a week or two

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
it's because we are in the middle of moving.
My daughter is doing most of the packing with a wee bit of help from her daughters.
They would be helping much more but both (the 15 year old and the 16 year old) hold down jobs at the same place as their dad.
She has it about 85% packed but only 7 more days to go.

It will be much better for all of us as this place is very bad, black mold, damp basement and walls and just general a dump.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Keep well and get the hell out of there hon. YIKES. Black mold. No thank you! HUGS

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Take care of yourself FL, and I hope your packing and move go easily, and you get settled into your new home quickly.

yr doing the best thing hun getting out of a damp mouldy house take things easy and hope the move goes smootly for u all im in prosses of looking for new property as i have same issue damp mould but not many house going at mo but im still looking xx

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The grands have two days off work so they will now provide the muscle my daughter needs to finish.
Being home schooled they have flexible schedules so they opted to start working.
They were hired at the same place as my son-in-law to mostly do cooking but bus or wait tables as needed.
This teaches then responsibility at an early age since they also do not get to just go and splurge the whole paychecks.
And they understand they will be paying a third of their checks towards the bills.

It's good to teach kids these things because kids need rules and responsibilities. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
They sure do. I live in Silicon Valley in Cali.... let me tell you there are allot of rich, self impressed brats in the area with little to no manners much less a work ethic. *groan*

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I recently read an article about a young man who came from a wealthy family.
He had a nanny who did everything for him, cooks to fix his food and maids to clean and launder his things.
He reached college age, had a spat with family and was cut off of support by them.
At college he had no idea how to launder his clothes, could not fix anything to eat for himself and had a hard time understanding that he was not so special that others were required to do everything for him.

My children, and now their children are taught to be self sufficient, to do for them selves.
They are taught that none of us will be around forever and we never know how long we have,
They are taught this way if something should happen, they will be able to do things on their own.

Even the eight year old is now learning to do chores, laundry, dishes and other cleaning duties.
Her sisters started light cooking by that age but she still has a tendency to make games of it. :laugh:

It is not doing any child a favor by spoiling it so much they can't do anything on their own.

And I am proud of my grand kids for how well they do everything and have been since they were little. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Agreed. My adopted mother was an alcoholic. She was also a very busy professor at the University of South Florida in Tampa. One day she knocked on my door and dragged me and my sister into the laundry room (mud room for some) and showed us how to work the washing machine and dryer. Since she wasn't much of a cook I had to learn for myself, I took care of the lawn and weeds and anything else. I even put her to bed when she was drunk and tucked her in. She wasn't a bad lady but she was a mess with the drinking. We were privileged kids as she made very good money at the University but living with her more than prepared me for "human kind" and their ways as well as how to care for myself as I was often the adult in our little family unit. She couldn't keep a man because of the drinking so it was just she and my sister and myself. Then we took her to court when we were allowed to visit our biological family one summer and after what they heard she was doing with her life and health, endangering us... we won and custody was given back to my biological Mom. I had a mess of a childhood but I can cook, clean, sew, wash and care for myself just fine. It's too bad that so many cultures put the boys up on pedestals and every little thing for them because when the real world smacks them in the face they don't know anything about doing much of ANYTHING. Sad.

If you want to read my life story: Home Read the "All About Me" and "Spirituality" pages.

Hornet3d

Wise
My father ensured that all of his children were taught to clean clothes, iron clothes, cook, darn socks and so much more, he felt there was no guarantee that any of us would marry and had to be able to fend for ourselves. I had two brothers and two sisters and in this respect we were all treated the same.

I, like the rest of my brothers and sisters, did get married but some years into my marriage a job change took me to live in Sweden for two years. While my wife did come out for a visit every other month I was really glad I was able to fend for myself in between. In the UK this sort of up bringing is not so special these days but 40 - 50 years ago it was. I am so glad my father was such a forward thinker for his time.

They sure do. I live in Silicon Valley in Cali.... let me tell you there are allot of rich, self impressed brats in the area with little to no manners much less a work ethic. *groan*
That's where I was raised. We weren't weaned on smarmalade. And 'work ethic'? What the hell is that? I was raised to play for a living and that's just what I've done.
And manners. Well, there seems to be more a culture of conflict. People create conflict for no apparent reason. Like it's the game of life or something. How do 'manners' fit in that sort of culture? It might be something entirely different from what you expect.

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Move is over, my room almost like I want it but have to just relax a bit.
Tired and stressed over it all, worry that my brother will somehow do another bad fall.
Can't be there for him now but that is the way it happens sometimes.
And to make it all worse, we lost our little Angel today.
Our MiniPin was getting so she was swelling, knots in her tummy and bleeding from her little behind.
My daughter took her to the vet today because while waiting for the last load of stuff yesterday she had three seizures and more bleeding.
By the time she got to the vet her breathing was so horrible she could hardly get a breath.
The vet said she would not make it through the night so she was euthanized.

My heart is broken over this loss.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry to hear this FL. Do take care of yourself, now that the move is over. :grouphug: