• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm not angry. I'm hugely disappointed.

Though, I don't know why when seven years later, some people still insist Dawn and Dusk are vastly inferior to every other figure, and that HiveWire should stick only to animals.

While I love the HiveWire animals, it's Dawn that has kept me creating.

I'm thankful Chris and HiveWire have continued to follow their vision, and I'm eagerly awaiting Dawn 2.0. To think ... Poser users once had to be content with V4.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Though, I don't know why when seven years later, some people still insist Dawn and Dusk are vastly inferior to every other figure, and that HiveWire should stick only to animals.

Are people still claiming that? At least in my experience, I haven't seen Dawn renders anywhere but in my own DA gallery and here in years. People were "told" to avoid Dawn, and they appear to be quite obedient. Last character morph I have found for Dawn at Rendo was several years old, so Rendo vendors [appear to] have also given up on her. So I haven't heard people saying anything good or bad about Dawn because I haven't seen many people using her in the first place. It has been a while.

It will be curious to see what happens now that the scenario has drastically changed:

1. Rendo now owns Poser.
2. The Rendo store appears to be dominated by DAZ figures.
3. Rendo wants Poser to succeed in this environment.
4. HW has a new home at Rendo, which includes Dawn and Dusk.
5. Many of us will be supporting Dawn and Dusk at Rendo. Will Rendo customers support us?

This is such a unique situation. Would Dawn 2 become a changing factor in all this? Jenn said she had recognized some of my Body Type morphs from the chats at Rendo, which caught me totally by surprise. So against all odds, there ARE people using Dawn at Rendo. Good news! I haven't seen them yet, but I am a newbie there. That's a good start. :)

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Trying to access my order history so I can see how much stuff i will need to download and archive on the off chance i can get back into Poser if and/or when I can afford a new computer and can not find my downloads. Were they shut off with the store on the 4th?
I thought I had until the end of the month of January to get everything?

... Last character morph I have found for Dawn at Rendo was several years old, so Rendo vendors [appear to] have also given up on her. ...
Actually a new character for Dawn was just released a few days ago on Rendo. :)

I only discovered the 3D world about 5 years ago, I started with ol' Daz 3 and M4/V4. Less than a year I started using Poser and over the Xmas holidays I started experimenting with Dawn & Dusk and treated myself to some new characters and clothing. I don't really get a chance to "play" with Poser as much as I'd like to, which is why I haven't tried them earlier. And although I do like a lot of the stuff I'm seeing over at Daz (amazing characters and renders) I am just not ready to make that leap right now. I still have loads of items that I purchased and have never even used for M4/V4/K4 and my current situation doesn't allow me to invest in more (at least not a complete new wardrobe and new characters for Genesis, not to mention a computer that can handle iray). Plus M4/V4 and Dawn /Dusk are more than fine for what I like doing, which is creating pretty pictures and scenes to go with stories. Realism isn't exactly at the top of my priorities list (although I am excited to try Superfly now that I have Poser 12, once the Mac version comes out).

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hi and welcome to the HW forums!

Actually a new character for Dawn was just released a few days ago on Rendo. :)

No surprises there, and you will see more from HW and other venders (like me!) because Rendo is now HiveWire3D's new home. ^__^

I started experimenting with Dawn & Dusk and treated myself to some new characters and clothing. I don't really get a chance to "play" with Poser as much as I'd like to, which is why I haven't tried them earlier.

I could be wrong, but I am having the impression you believe Dawn and Dusk are Poser-only figures? They exist natively in both Poser and DS, so if you are more comfortable in DS, you can use them there as well. Most of my contents are for both Poser and DS for that reason. ALL of HW contents are for both platforms as well. :)

Realism isn't exactly at the top of my priorities list (although I am excited to try Superfly now that I have Poser 12, once the Mac version comes out).

Same for me - I am not into realism. That becomes clear once you see my character renders, and I do it all with Dawn. As for Poser 12, it is still a work in progress, where the Mac version is just coming out now. The new Superfly is exciting with all the new features, specially the render performance gains. In this pre-release version, some things are still not fully working, but Poser is now in very good hands, so it's just a matter of time. ^____^

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I moved this out of Laurie's thread.

They are in the same place they always have been.

Go to your store account, then on the left you will see "My Orders" where you can make copies if you want and "My Downloadable Products" where you can download your products.

If anyone is unable to download a file (getting errors), please either file a support ticket or pm or email me and I'll help.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I moved this out of Laurie's thread.

They are in the same place they always have been.

Go to your store account, then on the left you will see "My Orders" where you can make copies if you want and "My Downloadable Products" where you can download your products.

If anyone is unable to download a file (getting errors), please either file a support ticket or pm or email me and I'll help.
Well that's just it i can't find my STORE ACCOUNT link. Logged in but not where it used to be!........

Hornet3d

Wise
Well that's just it i can't find my STORE ACCOUNT link. Logged in but not where it used to be!........

I have just tried and mine looks as it used to so from the forums tab I click 'Home' and in the upper right corner I have MY Account and Log In. Once logged in I have two choices that people might want My orders that gives you a list of orders and My Downloadable Products and all my downloads appear to be there.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
carmen - try clearing your browser's cache or using another browser, please. If you still can't find it, please take a screen shot and pm me with it. Thanks.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Note: This is using the Chrome browser.

From the Home Page (HiveWire 3D), there are three links (My Account, My Wishlist, Log in) on the upper right.
If you're not logged in, clicking any of those three links opens the Login or Create an Account Page.

1610306325657.png

When logged into your account, clicking My Account opens the Account Dashboard page.

Once Logged in, the Account Dashboard page is opened, with Recent Orders displayed.
My Downloadable Products is the seventh link on the left (under the My Account heading).

The fastest way from any Forum page, is to click the HiveWire3D header or Home. Either link will open the Home Page (HiveWire 3D) with My Account, My Wishlist, and Log in on the upper right.

1610305830440.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I use Firefox, and that's how I get to my account as well. I click on the Home link, and then click on the Login link at the top right of the Home page, and then I click on the My Account Link, also at the top right of the page.

Then all you need to do is click on either My Downloadable Products, or My Orders, in the left column.

Hornet3d

Wise
Note: This is using the Chrome browser.

From the Home Page (HiveWire 3D), there are three links (My Account, My Wishlist, Log in) on the upper right.
If you're not logged in, clicking any of those three links opens the Login or Create an Account Page.

View attachment 66709
When logged into your account, clicking My Account opens the Account Dashboard page.

Once Logged in, the Account Dashboard page is opened, with Recent Orders displayed.
My Downloadable Products is the seventh link on the left (under the My Account heading).

The fastest way from any Forum page, is to click the HiveWire3D header or Home. Either link will open the Home Page (HiveWire 3D) with My Account, My Wishlist, and Log in on the upper right.

View attachment 66708

My test was done using Edge but I get the same screen shots.