• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, I hadn't thought of that. However, that'll only do one page at a time I believe, which isn't so bad for my Order List, as that's only 6 screenshots, but my Downloads List is 18 screenshots. I'm sure it's somewhere here in Firefox, it'll just take longer. I thought I would do each group as separate pages in only 1 PDF for each.

I'll check that out in any case, because if you can select each one in a separate browser window, and then "group" them together in one PDF, that would be ideal. Thanks for the remind.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Set your items per page to 50 instead of 10.

The browser itself will create the PDF file from the page. Did you try it? I'm not talking about any menu in the store, but rather the menu of the browser. At least in Chrome, it's built in. I don't have the Pro version of Acrobat Reader, either. When you click on the vertical three dot menu in Chrome...at the top right of the browser...this dialog comes up. Note the Destination:

View attachment 66496
Brilliant! Thank you for that!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it turns out you CAN do it with Firefox, they just hid the page where you select Print to PDF. It kept trying to print to OneNote Windows10, which I have no use for. ~sheesh~

Now to see if I can do all of each group at the same time. I know I can select them all, but not sure if the option to choose how many pages will work, as I have 50 of each group in each screenshot which will each be more than one page, so probably need to choose All, if that's possible.

Off to play with them, because I'm sure Renderosity would rather see one PDF, than a bunch of separate screenshots.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, you can only do one at a time, but I think the PDFs will be easier to read, as I just saved one, and was able to open it in AR in Landscape view at 125% and it's easily readable. A JPG will need a graphics app to open it, but the PDFs can be opened in browsers, so much easier to deal with.

I only have 2 1/2 more Download pages to make screenshots of tomorrow, and then next week I can create the PDFs. At least I won't have to cut & paste several screenshots into one file each time. Much easier and faster. ;)

I'm having trouble re-downloading the 10573-hivewire-beast-horse-ds.zip. Is something wrong with this 1? I've tried several times & it keeps failing. I wasn't sure if I should check with support. I can contact them though if needed.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'll help you in the morning, GA. If anyone else is having the same type of issue trying to download a product, please email or p.m. me.

DanaTA

Distinguished
OK, you can only do one at a time, but I think the PDFs will be easier to read, as I just saved one, and was able to open it in AR in Landscape view at 125% and it's easily readable. A JPG will need a graphics app to open it, but the PDFs can be opened in browsers, so much easier to deal with.

I only have 2 1/2 more Download pages to make screenshots of tomorrow, and then next week I can create the PDFs. At least I won't have to cut & paste several screenshots into one file each time. Much easier and faster. ;)
Do you have MS Word? Or the free equivalent? If so, you could highlight the text on each page, copy, then paste into a new Word document, then do the same for each page, pasting into the same document. Then when you've got them all, Save As...PDF. I think the free office does the same thing...I forget who it's by these days. Just another option.

Dana

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Well, it turns out you CAN do it with Firefox, they just hid the page where you select Print to PDF. It kept trying to print to OneNote Windows10, which I have no use for. ~sheesh~

Now to see if I can do all of each group at the same time. I know I can select them all, but not sure if the option to choose how many pages will work, as I have 50 of each group in each screenshot which will each be more than one page, so probably need to choose All, if that's possible.

Off to play with them, because I'm sure Renderosity would rather see one PDF, than a bunch of separate screenshots.

Yes you can. If you select the option print page you can choose options in the menu bar above the page.

1609581133625.png

This is a print screen of the option to print the webpage and above in the menu bar you can see the options.
Print, Page settings etc.
Where you choose the print webpage you find "save as" seperate.
You will need a plug in for Firefox to save them as PDF like for example PDF2Go for Firefox.
I would check the plugins before installing them as an addon in your FF browser.

Last edited:

Riccardo

Adventurous

If you use Opera Browser you can
Menu >> Page >> Save as PDF
This saves a PDF of the whole page in full colour and graphics, without the page divisions that come out when you select some "Print" options

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
The issue with saving as PDF is that while the link's remain active will they keep the records for us here or will those also be eliminated? I would think that sort of info wouldn't take up much room stored on the HW servers. I understand with the store closing all the products themselves will go away but account info, past purchases and more text based info could be stored for a while longer so that 'Rosity can get this all done correctly ... just wondering aloud!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Wondering. Is there a downloader that can be gotten to sign in to an account and just download all of the zips automatically? THAT would be so helpful to so many!

eclark1894

Visionary
The issue with saving as PDF is that while the link's remain active will they keep the records for us here or will those also be eliminated? I would think that sort of info wouldn't take up much room stored on the HW servers. I understand with the store closing all the products themselves will go away but account info, past purchases and more text based info could be stored for a while longer so that 'Rosity can get this all done correctly ... just wondering aloud!
Most likely scenario is that when the store closes, it will be taken off line. So the links may work, but they won't have anything to link to.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Downloading zip files will be available until the end of January, so I can't believe we wouldn't be able to access those pages, and the links not working. After January 31st, however, then they most likely won't be available.

The Order Lists, however, are probably going to be unavailable after Monday, January 4th at 11:59pm (Utah time).

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE

NO REWARD POINTS til store closes​

We are very sorry, folks - something happened with the Reward points and we have had to turn them off. So you will not be able to use reward points in your remaining orders

brigg

Inspired
I'm not able to buy anything at the moment. The store doesn't process my order.
Edit: Tried in Firefox and in Chrome browser.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks - yes, we've found that orders aren't able to be completed. Someone is trying to resolve things and I will keep you all updated in this thread.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Should be able to order again - No reward points will apply - sorry about that