• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Here's another or my nutty ideas...

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, so this is what I'm shooting for. I'm looking for three columns. I'll have links to something in each column with the middle column "2", having the links to the categories. The banner, and heading can all be done with HTML.

Screen shot png.png

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist

eclark1894

Visionary
If you are ready to take some time: I'd say take one of the Big B's ready templates: HTML5 Boilerplate: The web’s most popular front-end template or Bootstrap · The world's most popular mobile-first and responsive front-end framework., probably later.
It probably would save you from awful lot of gotchas and has a lot of the ready solutions.
But I can be heavy biased to the side of total overkill, partially making a living from HTML/CSS/PHP/Python about 15 years already...
I'm all about saving time and effort.:sneaky:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Why 3 columns if you're only putting centered text in the middle column, and no text in the outer two columns?

eclark1894

Visionary
I am planning to put something else in those two columns. I'm not a big fan of white space on a web page. However, I'm still putting the plans together on what should be offered. Miss B suggested perhaps adding a blog of some type or maybe just a bulletin board type of space for announcments.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, I'm being stumped and I don't know why. I want to make a three column page layout, similar to what I drew above. I have the code to make the three columns, but each column has to have content, and I can't see where I'm supposed to insert that content so that it 's inside each column. For instance, the middle column will contain the names of each category of content. I'm redesigning the content list to be buttons. I have the code to create the buttons, but I don't know where I'm supposed to insert that little code snippet. This should be simpler than it is. Maybe it is and I'm just to dense to see it. Back to reading.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ah ha! Now, that makes sense.

I am planning to put something else in those two columns. I'm not a big fan of white space on a web page. However, I'm still putting the plans together on what should be offered. Miss B suggested perhaps adding a blog of some type or maybe just a bulletin board type of space for announcments.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Templates can help a lot. I usually create my own, but I had problems the first time I tried setting up WordPress about 12 or so years ago, so I used a template I found that was similar to what I wanted, and then went from there, finally creating my very first WP template.

Just remember Earl, practice makes perfect. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Templates can help a lot. I usually create my own, but I had problems the first time I tried setting up WordPress about 12 or so years ago, so I used a template I found that was similar to what I wanted, and then went from there, finally creating my very first WP template.

Just remember Earl, practice makes perfect. ;)
I'm so tempted to just code everything in HTML 4 and use a lot of images. At least I could get the site up and running, and I could take my time learning how to code HTML5 and Css3 properly and switch everything over.:coding:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I still often code in XHTML Strict. I created my first WP site for a client in XHMTL and CSS, and only after I had it set up the way he liked it, I then translated it into WP.

eclark1894

Visionary
So I'm creating links to all the Poser Content stores like Hivewire, Renderosity and CP, and I say, might as well go ahead and add Renderotica. Except, I forgot how HARD Renderotica slaps you in the face when you follow a link to their site. You open up that home page even by accident at work or in front of the wrong people and you will be history. I've decided to have a warning html page pop up when you click on that link warning you about the site you're about to go to. The page will give you a choice to continue or not. I may have to do something similar for some or all of the vendors on that site. Why does that place have to be such a head ache?

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's why the second half of their site name is 'erotica. :) In all the years I've been working with 3D software, I've never been to their site. I never had a desire to purchase those types of products.

eclark1894

Visionary
I must have awakened on the right side of the bed this morning. I feel super pumped up about Poser and the community as a whole and in general. We just have to remember that as a community, while we all have diverging interests, and different likes and dislikes, we still have more in common with each other than different. Let's make the Poser Community Great Again!!!!

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody know anything about HTML5 and CSS3? I need to know how to create a navbar using images for links. I can create a link to a site using images in HTML4, but if I try to use CSS3 , the images seem to disappear. I'll see if I can create a mock up of what I want if anyone thinks it will help.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Is there a specific reason why you want images for the nav buttons? I used to do that years ago, but I stopped when I realized all images on a page are what takes the page longer to load in a browser, so I use text, but change the background color depending on whether the button is being hovered, or selected if, for instance, you're on a page other than the home page.

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually, yeah, there is. The nav bar will show all the stores that sell Poser content. Or at least the main stores that do. Sp people can choose to shop according to category, vendor or store. Here's a quick mock - up of the look I'm trying to get with the nav bar. And the nav bar will stretch all across the home page.

mock-up.png