• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Help, this is just WEIRD! Lines on Sora in 3dl

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
IF all fails you can remove all maps except for the Diffuse maps and slowly add the bump and specular or what ever back in per body group. It's a great way to get more familiar with how each set of maps affects the outcome of the finished render.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Tried that, VW, tried it down as far as it would go but no luck. HOWEVER, have just dicovered that the seams are only visible from a distance. If I do a close up of any of them they are not there but back the camera off and there they are again. I think I'll just put this in the too hard basket...a baffling anomaly in Opua.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I actually noticed this exact same problem on Sora today. I was using her default skin in 3DL and some quicklight sets included with DS.

Though the seams are noticeable even with just the headlamp on the camera.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I only tried close in Lorraine but I'll have another look further back and see what happens.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...you're right this is really weird as further back they do show up in the viewport. I'm just doing a render now. It's normally closer in that you see stuff like this I would have thought.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It seems to be mainly around the edges of the face surface...so I tried to copy the surface for neck body and using them on the face. Which I would have thought would fix it if it was a surface setting that was different. Render with the settings from the 3Delight mat, 3DUniverse Photographic white room.
seams.jpg

seams with settings copied and pasted from bodyneck surface.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I'm glad I'm not the only one, I'd started to think I'd gone mental! Or my computer had! I've tried every different shader: AoA's Subsurface, omnifreaker's Human Surface, Ubersurface, and Simple Surface, DzDefault, dzskin, and have also applied settings from lots of different Dawn skins whilst holding down control. Nothing makes those seams disappear.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
hi! i just seen this ..i was going to post a discover i did today when i tested my second skins for Dawn...don´t sure it will fix it ..but i think it is a point to consider.
the second skin is made using only some zones of Dawn body as you know..then the egdes are the ones that separate each zone...in poser i had no problem...but when i tried in Daz if you looks so close there is a great difference in the egdes...i found the problem...Daz loads Dawn with mesh resolution high...and this make the egde distorted...this can be not probelm in the whole skin..but it is in the secons skin...i set the mesh resolution to base and now it looks just like in poser...don´t sure it has something in your Sora problem..but perhaps can help.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
ok..it does nothing ...but i test it in 3DL (i had the same problem with 3DL but don´t noticed it because i only use Iray now) with a shader rate of 0.0010 and is almost rid off as you can see here
test shading rate 0.0010.png