• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Help, this is just WEIRD! Lines on Sora in 3dl

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I'd like to use the Sora skin, I really would but this is happening every time. Any ideas please?!

why sora.jpg

Sora 3dl out of the box

why sora 64.jpg

Sora with shader changed to 64

why sora dz default.jpg

Sora with sora changed to dz default shader

why sora with se skin.jpg

Sora with skin changed to SE

why se with sora.jpg

SE with skin changed to Sora

why se .jpg

SE
why luna skin.jpg

Luna

As you can see there is no problem with any other skin but Sora. And even with skins swapped out with others the lines are still there. HELP!!

Using DS 4.9.2.70 both 32 and 64 bit

jecnodde

Admirable
ok I dont have Sora, but have seen similar problem on other figures. it is a shader thing. I bet there is small change in those material zones. Open shader tab in DS, and start going through eash zone and each setting, if you find the diffrent report it :)

That is what I would do :)

Lorraine

You are talking to a complete klutz here, jecnodde. Shader tab, not surface tab? And what am I looking for again?

jecnodde

Admirable
Haha ahh sorry. I'm bad at rembember what thing is named. You are right:

Surface tab in DS :)

Give me a sec and I post images. Hard enough to explain in swedish (from seden) even harder to explain in english :p

jecnodde

Admirable
So for example. Select the materialzone "Face" The look at the setting for each bar/paramenter (argh what they now are called) Those parameters are within a drawn blue ring.

Then you select another material zone and compare those paramterer/shaders setting for each one of those (blue ring around)
15.JPG

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I don't think its a shader problem, it could be some of the settings such as the shading rate - possibly a render settings problem, check your Shading rate in you render settings and the Shading rate in the surfaces tab and lower them (I tend to use a shading rate of at least 0.5 or 0.2) for the render settings, try lowering the Shading rate in the surfaces tab to 2 or lower. See if that helps.
Lighting may well also play a part.

Lorraine

Thanks for your screenshot, jecnodde, I'll check that out tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments, Tparo, I'll check that tomorrow. Though I will say all the other skins apply and render with absolutely no problem, all except Sora. But I will try what you suggested.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...it looks like maybe a shader rate setting to me or something similar. I load her up and check out what I get Lorraine. If it works for me I can check my settings and see if they help.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay, just loaded Sora and I noticed that I got the lines showing when I had the Nvidia Iray set as the renderer. It disappeared when I set it to 3delight. Just doing a render of the head to show...texture only I haven't set the morph. My first suggestion is check what your render settings are. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll check my render settings for everything else. My shading rate is .50.
sora 3delight.jpg

Lorraine

Thanks, Pen! Will try that. Weird thing is I DON'T get the lines in Iray. Hair tearing going on over here. Just to confirm, do you mean the shader rate in render settings or in the surface tab or both at the same time. Well outside my pay scale at the mo!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Render settings...it's odd that you don't see the lines in Iray...are you sure you haven't got the Iray texture settings applied?

Lorraine

I've been through like jecnodde said and can't see any differences between any zones. It's got me beat.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hey guys I had this happen also, but I can't remember what I did to fix it.
Will have to check again on what settings I have.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I just ran this one. I'm running 4.8.

3Delight Settings:
Buckets
Buckets:16
Sampling
Max Iray Trace Depth: 4
Pixel Samples X:8
Pixel Samples Y:8
Shadow Samples:32
Gain
Gain:1.00
Gamma
Gamma Correction : Off
Gamma:1.00
Shading
Shading Rate.60
Filter
Pixel Filter: Sinc
Pixel Filter Width X: 3.00
Pixel Filter Width Y:3.00

seams3 copy.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
However, In Iray I occasionally get this. A slight marginal seam. Sorry should of let it fully render.
Seams2.jpg