• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasy Textures and ideas for Harry

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Full Peacock.jpg

First Coat try for Peacock. Think it's a little too busy with everything together! lol.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Lol, you are so correct! I've been thinking about overnight, and think I'll have to generally hand paint the peacock. But, I do have the mtf set that might work with this coat! Maybe even throw in a scale pattern, although I don't think you'd see it with all the swirls.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Here's another idea. Actual peacocks only have that distinctive coloring in a few places. I'm not saying you should make a peacock pony, but it might be better to have the mixed colors in the mane and tail and maybe have the body be mostly blue with some green coming in around the belly. Just a thought.

Oh, but maybe keep the texture you already have for a jeweled set or something.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here's another idea. Actual peacocks only have that distinctive coloring in a few places. I'm not saying you should make a peacock pony, but it might be better to have the mixed colors in the mane and tail and maybe have the body be mostly blue with some green coming in around the belly. Just a thought.

Oh, but maybe keep the texture you already have for a jeweled set or something.

Great minds! I found a better use for the skin with Rae's idea, and I'm going to work on a more "peacock-like" skin for the Peacock MTF. Thanks for the picture reference, now I don't have to go looking for one!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Abolne Close up with Aquamarine eyes 11% Bump.jpg Abolone 50% Bump.jpg Abolone100%Bump.jpg And I can't type today....my typos are atrocious. Abalone (renamed) coat with Abalone MTF, and new Aquamarine eye. Various settings on my new bump map. Just need to make a specular map, now...or maybe not. I do have to fix the ears which are a totally different color for some reason. And right where the front seam is, seems oddly dark, thought it's not really bad. And to put shading on the main coat map, for the nostrils, etc. Again, critiques welcome, I want these to be really good!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, This is the last of the things for the Abalone Skin set. Is the Short manes/Tails Trans important to people? So, now I need someone to check it out, to see if I have major flaws. I'm not exactly sure how to package it, But I could send all the maps for testing, and figure the rest out later!Abalone Hoof Bottom.jpg Abalone Mouth.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You don't have to (I didn't for my KP set 1 although I did for KP set 2) but people do use them on the foal so up to you :D

I can't remember if you said what program you are using? I'd love to see that with Iray metallic settings :)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
You don't have to (I didn't for my KP set 1 although I did for KP set 2) but people do use them on the foal so up to you :D

I can't remember if you said what program you are using? I'd love to see that with Iray metallic settings :)

I'll probably do them, maybe tomorrow. I use DAZ 4.8, but I'm lousy at Iray, I don't know how to do hardly any shading stuff. If you want to test them, You are welcome to metallic it up!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm pretty excited, this is the first time I've ever come up with all the parts completely by myself. I've done altered textures, and my own textures, but always using the original Transmaps, bump maps, etc. They aren't the best in the world, but they are all mine. Thank you all for the encouragement, you are all so talented, and so it's an honor that you like my artistic endeavors!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is the Very few star option. Not sure which I like best. Maybe both, but there is going to be the Galaxy one later, so, maybe use the darker version for this. With the MTF being so busy, probably simpler coats is better.Dark Cosmos First Test4- Few Star Option.jpg