• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasy Textures and ideas for Harry

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
LisaB, thanks for the tip.
I had meant to do that but forgot as this little baby was being difficult.
Testers kept getting a map call out and no matter how many times I edited it, the same thing popped up.
finally found it, it was in the shader tree for the lacrimals.
Didn't intend to work on it tonight but just sitting around when I feel bad dies not help.
Why does it seem like everyone in the world is suffering from a constant cold?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Awe honey!!
You need a good bowl of hot chicken soup, a good classic movie to watch, some tissues, and a nice warm blanket to snuggle up in!! (((HUGS!!))) I'm sorry you are feeling bad!! Just step away from it for a bit and get all comfy on the couch for a bit and come back to it when you feel all better!! He is very exceptional!! And a beautiful creation!!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, as bad as I feel I'm doing good compared to my brother.
He went in to take a shower while my daughter and I were in town, stepped out of the tub, tried to sit on the edge of it and fell.
His back struck the edged and his tail bone hit the floor.
After two days of hurting he went to Urgent Care and they said it was just bruised and he was shook up.
Yesterday he had to go to the ER at the hospital and found out he cracked three ribs but on the inside.
These are the ribs toward the back, not front as they took those after his heart surgery.
He is not doing well at all.
I will post a few images tomorrow now that I found what was going on with my Appy, till then it is time for me to rest again.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oh gosh!! I hope he will be on the mend and doing better soon!!

That is a bad place for a fractured rib to be and can be confused with many different symptoms some heart related. Poor guy!!

Hugs ok!! Look forward to them!!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just one render with both sides of the Appy showing.
soon gonna zip and submit. :)
test 1.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wish someone would do a Merchant Resource for Harry, that way I could make some fantasy textures for everyone :) (I need a black horse and a white horse option then I can work some colour magic, I'm not good at coming up with the base texture (or displacement/spec maps) itself, just re-colouring it :p)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awesome Faery_Light! You're the best :)

I've made so many colour options (not fantasy ones yet) but because they use Harry's default Bay/Friesian/Arab textures (mainly these ones, some of the others too), I can't share them.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I lost my thread connection to the Harry in development forum and thought this might do. If not please forgive.
I was thinking of the idea of a Ball Joint Horse figure for Harry. Would love to have one of them. There are a few Ball Joint dolls out there it would nice with and if Centaurs are your muse subject a ball joint doll with a ball joint Horse combo sounds hot!
It would also make a replacement for the Rocking Horse kit, a merry go round version as well as just a fantasy dream horse. I saw a really nice Wooden Trojan Horse prop at 'Rosity I am going to get for a few ideas and saw a few sculptures f Drift Wood Horses that were sweet. but the Ball Joint version would be sweeter.
Just an idea! ;)

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Would love to see a good morph and texture set for the semi extinct S. African Quagga. A member of the Zebra family which was rendered extinct by the Dutch white settlers of S. Africa who over hunted the beautiful animal to feed their slaves, it has been resurrected by a passionate scientist in the are who using the dna from a Quagga, the last original one setting in a museum and crossing the dna with the related zebra from the same region was able to bring it back from extinction....to some degree.
Would love a set for this to bring it to life in my Runtime folder. For Harry or Mil1 Horse doesn't matter to me since i have both.

Same, but definitely for Harry!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Pen, I really like that and wish I could do it in ZBrush but I can't afford to buy the program.
I am going to start a new thread for just the Fantasy sets that I am working on with Rae134.
It wuill be named "Bejeweled and Fantasy Sets" and we will post images as we go along.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Faery...not totally sure what that was referring to but if you meant the golden horse that is just a shader applied in DS. I did have a play with some morphs on the ears but that's about it. I wish I had more time as there are so many things I want to try.