• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Is it even possible to go from DS to Poser? I always start in Poser and convert to DS.
Yes it is, using a third party script that makes the conversions to Poser from within DS. Then one does have to do a little code editing to get rid of things like XYZ translation etc. But that script doesn't give you the ability to pick and choose out the mane posing only for example.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
In this case. that third party software does a BETTER job than Poser saving a Poser pose. I did try using the script to save the pose from DS to use and tweak in Poser. That end was fine. But then when I saved the pose in Poser it "lost" so many of the dial spins, and hence was terrible to try to use the pz2 pose in DS. So I prefer the script and then code edit it.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Like I said above, (CWRW Product Previews) actual partial poses (as in separate mane, tail, body poses) turned out to be a no-go with the software I have to convert the poses from DS to Poser. I DO have a new Harry pose set that I uploaded to Rendo QA just today and another in the works. I DO include a PDF manual where I outline how to make and save YOUR OWN partial poses in DS. ( I don't know any way to do that in Poser without 3rd party software which is PC only and I am on Macs).
You do it almost the same way as in DS , not need other softwares to create partial poses in Poser , unless you were talking about converting from Ds to Poser.
Here Is old tutor for partial poses in Poser .
Saving Partial Poses (Tutorial)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Cath- yes that method did work well in the old days- It doesn't work well with Harry since a lot of the posing uses morph dials and also the mane and tail are posed "under" Harry, not the mane or tail. What is nice about the 3rd party program is one can pick and choose which morph (posing) dials to include with the pose.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Hey Cath- yes that method did work well in the old days- It doesn't work well with Harry since a lot of the posing uses morph dials and also the mane and tail are posed "under" Harry, not the mane or tail. What is nice about the 3rd party program is one can pick and choose which morph (posing) dials to include with the pose.
That is nice , I just saw your replies , for some reason it did not showed up moment ago, I did not tried saving partial poses in Poser for a very long time , but the program you talking about sounds very interesting , it sounds like saving pose and "expression" as one , very handy , I do everything in DS and convert it later to Poser as well.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes the inclusion of posing morphs is really nice- for example using the Neck Arch, Neck Side to Side, Neck Twist dials on Harry- by doing that instead of converting to numerical values the end user can easily dial those neck morphs to suit their own needs. Otherwise one often has to reset all the 6 neck sets of tranform values to change the pose of the neck/start over even.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Aaaannnd the new Harry Pose Pack is live at Rendo!

CWRW HW Horse Pose Pack 2

PosePack2.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL! They didn't tell me when they would be live in the store:) These have been in the works for YEARS at this point:) Enjoy!!