• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Beta Testers who previously tested BeJeweled for the HiveWire horse or other

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Just a bit of "paperwork" before I start:

I will get started after I move files around, delete the empty folders and create Runtimes for each set. Weren't we only testing 2 sets of textures. Are there 2 sets that are priority for you (like 01 and 02)? I can't test all 6 at once since I also test for the store.

-The zips are not set up to properly extract for DS. They extract to an outside folder with a really long name called 'FL_RaeDesigns Bejeweled-DSJ2917 Bejeweled -n- Dazzled (Glittered, Glossed, Radiant, Shimmered, Sparkled) for the HW Horse'. They should just extract to '..\Animals\Hivewire Horse\'

-There are many different subfolders named 'Dazzled, Glittered, Glossed, Radiant, Shimmered, Sparkled' under that which I assume are each set. -The textures folder is not set up in the 'Runtime/Textures' format under each texture set. The folder is only named 'textures'. Each set will need a 'Runtime\Textures' folder so callouts aren't generated.

-There's empty extra unneeded subfolders under a couple of the Bejeweled Eyes folders. 'Bejeweled and Glittered' and 'Bejeweled and Sparkled' folders have 'Animals\HiveWireHorse\Materials'. Those are extras and need to be deleted.

-Under every set of Materials, there are subfolders named '\Materials\Faery_Light\FL-RaeDesigns BeJeweled\' then numbered 'Glossed' subfolders. Any way to shorten that string so it's not so long? Maybe just to something like ''\Materials\Faery_Light\Horse MATS\' followed by the numbered folders under that?

-Are all the folders named 'Glossed'? Shouldn't they be named for each different set like 'Dazzled', 'Glittered', Radiant', etc? Otherwise you have 10 Materials subfolders, all named Glossed.

Ok, am going to start then. Sorry, I'm a bit OCD about having files/folders in working order before I start. Blame my intense training many years ago. :rolleyes:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Updated the folders, had to correct some missing textures and make a new png for the Poser library sets.
This time it is 2 separate zips with the textures and readme files included for each.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Results after going through the mats in DS4.9P:

01 Glossed MAT Issues:

Horse body mats callouts:
ALL 01 Glossed Iray body mats callout for this:
FL BejeweledHorse 02.jpg

01 Glossed Iray 01a mat additionals callouts:
FL BejeweledHorse 01 Glitter.jpg

01 Glossed Manes:
All 01 Manes callout for these:
!FL-MR Mane-b01.jpg
!FL-MR Mane-T01.jpg

01 Glossed Tail:
Glossed Tail-Iray-01, Glossed Tail-Iray-01a and Glossed Tail-Iray-01b all appear to be the same when rendered (Nvidia Iray default lighting). Color doesn't seem to change at all when you go from one to the other.

02 Glossed MAT Issues:

Horse body mats callouts:
ALL the 02 Glossed body mats callout for this:
FL_BJ_eye_8.jpg

02 Glossed Iray02 body mat additional callouts:
FL_BJ_eye_3.jpg

02 Glossed Iray02a body mat additional callouts:
HWH_Rae_FL_BJ_B.jpg
HWH_Rae_FL_BJ_B2.jpg

02 Glossed Fetlocks:
Iray02a has callouts for:
FL BJ Glitter Blue Light.jpg

02 Glossed Manes:
Iray02, 02a, 02b, 02c, 02d Glossed manes ALL have callouts for these:
!FL-MR Mane-b01.jpg
!FL-MR Mane-T01.jpg

Iray02a Glossed mane additional callout:

02 Glossed Tail:
Iray02 Glossed tail has callout for this:

Still finding lots of callouts. Most (if not all) seem to be from misspelling of the jpg texture, like their name was changed between older and newer versions, but the duf files weren't updated so they're still looking for a texture name that doesn't exist. That kind of stuff mostly.

- 2 thumbs.db in DS zip that need to be deleted

- 2 Readme files in the DS zip. The one that needs to be deleted is the one that's inside the 'Runtime' folder.

- The Readme folder and Runtime folder both need to be outside the Animals folder to work properly in DS.

I included a quick (lo quality) Iray render, but since there are so many transmap callouts the fetlocks and bangs look off to me. Fetlocks are 'chunky' and bangs seem to have a gap. Maybe once the transmaps load those will look better.

That's all I can do today. I have to get supper started. Will check back later tonight or tomorrow morning.

01Gloss tails 01 01a 01b all look same rendered.jpg

2 readme files in zip.PNG

2 thumbs db in zip.PNG

DS folder hierarchy.PNG

01 Glossed quick Nvidia Iray Render-SuzeTx-013017.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, i'll wait till Rae gets a chance to look them over again, she was the one who did the Iray sets.
Knowing me I'd more than likely mess them up more if I try to edit them.
Were these from the last update?

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hey, I forgot more than them....lol.
I forgot that the DS sets uses some maps the Poser set doesn't and forgot to add them.
Rae, I'll let you peek at the UD set on our site before uploading to these testers again.,
No sense in wearing them down due to my forgetfulness. :rofl:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha no prob. Going to delete everything I have and download the updated ones so I only have the latest.

Just for interest, I've just rendered these to 5% so not very good quality but enough to show that the differences of the MTFs can depend on the lighting (I find that a more sunset type HDRi for example throws out more sparkle).

These are just using the default Iray HDRi: (thumbnails so click to view larger)
Glossed Tail Iray_01.jpg Glossed Tail Iray_01a.jpg Glossed Tail Iray_01b.jpg Glossed Tail Iray_01c.jpg Glossed Tail Iray_01d.jpg

These are by a sunset HDRi that I have, top shows more front on lighting and the bottom is the same HDRi but with the lighting more from behind.
Glossed Tail Iray_01 2.png Glossed Tail Iray_01a 2.jpg Glossed Tail Iray_01b 2.jpg Glossed Tail Iray_01c 2.jpg Glossed Tail Iray_01d 2.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I also tried a few renders and now that silly ol me put the correct textures in it is rendering fine.
But, but once again that subD is not set so it has to be set again for all coat and inner ear mats.
I can do that again but if it pranks me again I will kill my machine!

It pranked me in Poser too on the bump settings for the mfts.
Went from a setting of 0.003 to 1 even though I saved it for 0.003 and I worked all evening yesterday to get it right.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Hi guys, I'll wait for the updated files. Since I'm only testing the DS files, I wasn't installing the Poser zip, so if there are files in there that both DS and Poser both need, perhaps they need to be in both zips so DS users don't have to also install the Poser files since we don't use them.

Rae- I was using the default settings for Nvidia Iray, and some tester lights which tend to be bright, so once I have UD files, I'll check the tail mats again. Maybe a "Usage and Tips" note could be added to the readme about what type of lighting gives the best results for these mats. Just a thought.

It's late here, so am getting ready for bed. Will check mail tomorrow!!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The latest Poser edits on the BeJeweled sets are in the box for my testers.
I am still doing a bit of editing on the DS sets and will let you know when they are ready. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Please, if you are one of my testers for Sparkled, pick up the updated files from the box.
Thank you. :)

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I have forgotten where the DB is or what the name of it is. Can you tell me again please? It's been so long. Thanks.