• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Place to lay my head...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, that's a nice size plot Earl. :)

Looks like you've got all the necessary parts included. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Needs a mailbox. Plus, if I actually create a yard, now people are going to want to do things in it. I'm thinking a patio set and an above ground pool and a swing set and playhouse for Luna.;)

Think I've also figured out how to do that roof properly too.

eclark1894

Visionary
Mailbox done. Now, just like in real life, I keep putting it off, but time to work on the roof.:unsure:

screenshot.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Finally bought Dawn SE yesterday. She was on sale at a price even I couldn't say no to, so she'll be replacing Dawn SR2 as my "test subject" from now on.:)

As soon as I unwrap her that is. I need a freebie tee shirt, or I'm going to have to make her one.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Earl, have you downloaded Sanbie's freebies for Dawn yet? She's done a whole bunch and I'm sure there's a tshirt amongst them. They are for both Poser and DS.

DAWN

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I just started reading through a lot of this thread. This is amazing by the way. You've done some great work.

A sideboard/buffet, maybe?

I was thinking this too.

Funny, I put it there to "protect" the floor from being scratched and scraped when people move their chairs.

So here's the funny thing about the carpet, it looked like the right size to me until you said this. Then all I could think is that when you pulled your chair out, and then scooted it back in the carpet would catch on the back of the chair legs.

Cleaned up that mesh a LOT in this sofa today and corrected a lot of the texture. So decided to create a couple more poses before I trot off to bed.

View attachment 6879

You're poses are great, however I did notice on the one that her head/neck is floating a bit off the back of the sofa, instead of resting against it. I know that's always tricky to do, especially since you wouldn't know what hair a person would be using, but I thought I'd mention it. It may be a simple case of adjusting the translation.

eclark1894

Visionary
So I just started reading through a lot of this thread. This is amazing by the way. You've done some great work.

So here's the funny thing about the carpet, it looked like the right size to me until you said this. Then all I could think is that when you pulled your chair out, and then scooted it back in the carpet would catch on the back of the chair legs.

You're poses are great, however I did notice on the one that her head/neck is floating a bit off the back of the sofa, instead of resting against it. I know that's always tricky to do, especially since you wouldn't know what hair a person would be using, but I thought I'd mention it. It may be a simple case of adjusting the translation.

I don't think the carpet size is relevant. neither are the poses as both the size of the carpet and the poses can be adjusted. After all, I made the poses to fit the furniture I made. What if you don't have that furniture?

eclark1894

Visionary
Here's a little teapot that I made, short and stout.
There is the handle and there is the spout.
Actually, I made a tea cup to go with it, but I haven't textured it yet.
Sometimes you just have to relax and take it easy. I made this, but haven't quite decided what to do with it yet. I could give it away as a freebie. I could offer it to Hivewire to sell, I could sell it at CP, or I could offer it as part of the dining room set up for the house.

teapot.png

This was an experiment for me as well. I had to see if I could texture something in Blender, using the Cycles texture nodes and see if it would still render in Firefly for people who don't have Poser 11 or Superfly yet. So far the answer is yes, but I kind of cheated with this too. It still has a basic image texture which is all it really needs to read anyway.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh I've seen dishes like that, but there was another name for it. I just can't for the life of me remember the name.

Oh and I do like your teapot, BTW. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
LOVE that teapot! And yes, a willow pattern would be fab on it. The teapot looks very like the one under the port shelf in the saloon. I'd take a picture of it but it's buried amongst half a ton of china, silverware and crystal.

eclark1894

Visionary
I like the pattern but after checking it out I don't think I can copy the design and patterns legally. I'll keep looking into it though.