• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Place to lay my head...

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, time to go in to work for tonight. I 'll be working on a coffee table, which shouldn't take long. In fact, it's mostly done. I'm redoing the sofa as I didn't like the armrests, and I'll be doing some more sitting poses of Dawn on the couch.

Dawn Pose 08.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I like this last pose. That's probably how I would sit, except I'd be facing front with my feet on the top edge of the coffee table. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I knocked out several more poses for a total of 20 so far. I may ditch a couple of those though, but I'll show them to you anyway. So here are several I did last night of Dawn sitting on the couch...
Dawn Pose 09.png
Dawn Pose 10.png
Dawn Pose 11.png

Dawn Pose 12.png

Dawn Pose 13.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Just an aside... I used to participate on USEnet. For you young whippersnappers out there, USEnet was the predecessor to the forums we have now on the internet. No one owned them, and people had a lot of fun. Anyway, one of the Poser forums I use to frequent, alt. Poser.something or other had a person start their own freebie website where you could download free Poser stuff people made. I couldn't make anything like models or anything, but I could pose the figures rather well so I made some freebie poses for Aiko 3, my go to figure at that time and the Poser G2 female. So the other day, while doing these poses, I needed a prop, a book for Dawn to read. I knew Trekkiegrrl had one on her site, so I went to the Rendo freestuff and looked it up. Sure enough I was able to download the book. But guess what else popped up? Yep, that website called Shar3d.com. And guess what else? My poses for Aiko 3 and the Poser G2 female can STILL be downloaded from there. check it out, you'll get a good laugh. I have no clue as to how that site is still up and running, but under the name of the site is the name of USEnet board where we use to post.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I just discovered something interesting...I went to copy the site from your post Earl and when I selected it a box popped up with quote/reply and when I clicked on it it added it to the insert quotes. Isn't that cool...

Love the poses Earl...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I remember USEnet. I never participated in it, but I remember it being around.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just discovered something interesting...I went to copy the site from your post Earl and when I selected it a box popped up with quote/reply and when I clicked on it it added it to the insert quotes. Isn't that cool...
I'm surprised you haven't run into that before Pen. I see it often, but rarely use it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Don't normally try copying from the screen I normally go into edit. Just a different way of working I guess. I still think it's very cool.

eclark1894

Visionary
I screwed up on the sofa arm rests and by extension the loveseat and chairs that match it, so Ive had to go back in and rework the mesh. Been at it for two days.

eclark1894

Visionary
End of the day for me. I've worked on this sofa all day, and I've come to a conclusion. I suck at texturing. I've got the mesh on the couch looking pretty much how i want it, but now the texturing is messing with me. The pattern on the fabric is herringbone so it's directional. Unfortunately that makes it show up on the couch. I either need to fix the way the texture flows on the couch or just use a non-directional texture on the couch to hide that texture flaw. Honestly, I'm not sure what to do about that.

Dawn Pose 15.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are you using UV's Earl or just a seamless tile? Dawn looks very comfy sitting on the couch...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...you can't create a texture map that will fix the issue? Can you post a view of the uv? Looking at the image I can see two different scales being used which is possibly part of the issue. Are the chair arms uv'ed?

eclark1894

Visionary
I screwed up on the sofa arm rests and by extension the loveseat and chairs that match it, so Ive had to go back in and rework the mesh. Been at it for two days.
Found this helpful little tip for modeling in Blender that will help speed things up. A lot of times you may have edge loops where the vertices are crooked or not aligned. There is an easy way to fix this.
As soon as I am home on my own computer, I will post the method to Miss B's Blender thread.