• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You had to go start a convo about convection ovens didn't you? I've been eyeing the Wolfgang Puck since I first saw an advert for it in a magazine, but I can't seem to decide whether to go with a moderately priced version, or go hog wild with the top-of-the-line $400 model. ~sheesh~

MCarr

....................... Now all I really want to do is just take the time to enjoy the one I've chosen. And I'd like everyone else to take the time to enjoy the one they've chosen - no matter which one that might be. And personally, I don't care which one it is as long as it makes YOU happy. Isn't that what we all really want?

Laurie

Laurie, that is pretty much my feelings also. I have 5 versions of poser with the latest installed. I hardly ever use it for lots of reasons, but like you I do miss a few of the features. I have never understood the negative attitude many die hard poser users have to DS and DS users since the split in usable content (genesis).

I am a modeler and have at least 6 modeling apps installed along with 4 render engines. I can make a render using any number of ways and assets, but I prefer DS because of ease of use, results and quick workflow which took me awhile to figure out just like any other software.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
You had to go start a convo about convection ovens didn't you? I've been eyeing the Wolfgang Puck since I first saw an advert for it in a magazine, but I can't seem to decide whether to go with a moderately priced version, or go hog wild with the top-of-the-line $400 model. ~sheesh~
I didn't even know Wolfgang had a line of ovens. I thought he made soup? :p:D:p

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In my case, I still don't understand DS lighting and cameras. Nor can I cope with the "document workspace." I don't consider it a failure of DS, just that the two of us are incompatible.

Poser and I are simply more compatible. Not that I don't lose my patience sometimes with Poser. Poser is most definitely male, and I'm absolutely convinced Poser would leave the toilet seat down, put an empty milk carton back in the refrigerator, and forget my birthday.

Probably even buy me roses to say "I'm sorry." Forgetting I hate roses and love carnations :wink:

Llynara

I use both programs, and while I'm definitely better at DS, there are great things in each that the other is weak in. I find it easier to go between them if I set them both up the same way, so everything is generally in the same place.

I tend to load a lot of items directly from my Poser runtime into Daz with no trouble. I'm enjoying bringing some of the older generations into Iray and am having fun getting them into Superfly as well.

xyer0

Brilliant
Bottom of the forum pages on the left, there's something that probably now says !HiveWire 3D. Hover over and it says Styld chooser. Click and you can change back and forth between the 2 styles :)
Oooh, cool! So mysterious. Thanks for the welcome. I tried to join this forum a year ago, but I could not understand why the Sign In said my email was not registered. It is only with researching the recent hubbub that I found a two-year-old post on the Daz Forums (by you, I think) explaining to someone that they had to join the forums anew.

I have read a lot of this thread, but I don't know if anyone has mentioned exactly what the offending phrases were in Chris' announcement post. It appeared to me that the party in question may not have appreciated Chris' open disclosure of their desire to hide the HiveWire 3D name. On that point, the ONLY reason I became a customer here two years ago is because Charles Taylor told me about you after he was appointed Poser product manager and Daz kicked him out of their store. Which is to say, HiveWire 3D is too big a secret in this small community.

I came for the Nerd3D catalog, but after I saw the HiveWire Horse, I just waited for a sale so I could get everything pertaining to him. Now I have Ken's lizards, frogs, birds. Thanks to Saiyaness, I can get the cat, if I can just juggle some things before the fourteenth. Now, if she could manage a lion's mane for the Big Cat, I'd really have to juggle.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Welcome back to the HiveWire forums xyer0, and yes, everyone had to re-register when the new forum software was installed.

xyer0

Brilliant
Thanks, Miss B. I wish it were under happier circumstances, but I'm about a week behind the curve it seems; so, I hope the principals here are healed up and refired for the coming adventure. I sure am.

theschell

Brilliant
Just curious...There any other Crazy Canucks (Canadians for those of you that might not know what I'm asking) in the forums around here... or am I the odd man out again?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good question sir, as I'm not sure. There could very well be some other Canucks who just haven't announced they are Canucks.

Then again, a good percentage of the membership doesn't hang out here on a daily basis.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
@KageRyu - Have I mentioned that your tagline always makes me laugh? This:

I don't need to be driven mad, it's close enough from here I can walk!

Just curious...There any other Crazy Canucks (Canadians for those of you that might not know what I'm asking) in the forums around here... or am I the odd man out again?

I'm not, but I'm just across the Strait of Juan De Fuca from Victoria BC, so pretty darned close. I know there are some folks around the HW forums who are from the Great White North. Maybe they'll reveal themselves, eh? ;).

theschell

Brilliant
@KageRyu - Have I mentioned that your tagline always makes me laugh? This:

I don't need to be driven mad, it's close enough from here I can walk!

I'm not, but I'm just across the Strait of Juan De Fuca from Victoria BC, so pretty darned close. I know there are some folks around the HW forums who are from the Great White North. Maybe they'll reveal themselves, eh? ;).

I'm thinking all our ice and snow keeps most of my fellow northerners locked up in their caves most days... We seem to be like ground hogs, "Nope, saw my shadow again, 6 more months of winter!" LMAO :)

The running joke with my friends is that we only have 2 seasons in Canada.... "Snow Repair", and "Road Removal"... You know it's spring when the orange plastic mushrooms start sprouting up on the streets... lol

Last edited: