• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

ZBrush Core

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
OK, so anyone who is keeping up on this new introduction by ZBrush, I have a couple questions if you don't mind?

I want ZBrush to add details like wrinkles, zippers, buttons to clothing. Mostly using normal maps. So that's my first question.......does anyone know if you can create a normal map in ZBrush Core from a sculpt?

My second question that I can't get a clear picture of is ZBrush Brushes. Can I import 3rd Party brushes to Core?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Core isn't out yet or is it? IF not then no one really knows except the the ZBrush team and internal beta testers.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Core isn't out yet or is it? IF not then no one really knows except the the ZBrush team and internal beta testers.

I thought it was released yesterday? Maybe I'm wrong......I've been paying very little attention to it, but I did read about it on their website and those questions were not answered.

I'd love to pick up the Wacom and ZBrush core package, but I need it to do those things mentioned above and I'm concerned it appears to be a Sculptris clone.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Here is the comparison of features

ZClassroom - ZBrush Training from the Source

Core doesn't support polypaint and texturing, so I wouldn't think you could generate a normal map.

However, it does look like an improvement on Sculpt.

Thanks! I don't think I'm going to bother with it, honestly. It looked interesting, but it appears the sole purpose is sculpting for 3D printing.

I may go ahead and grab the Wacom deal, because it is a deal and the ZBrush software is just an addon to it. I have a tablet but not a Wacom.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Where is the Wacom deal, on their site or on the ZBrush site? I could use an updated Wacom.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks, that 3D Tablet looks really nice, but it's a bit too large for the area where I would have it.

I see they're only concentrating on the Cintiq and Intuos Pen Tablets. I have my Bamboo Pen Tablet for years, and had another for Wacom years before that, though don't recall what that model's name was, if it had one. Now the "Bamboo" is only a SmartPad tablet, which would be nice for folks who like to doodle, but since I can't draw to save my life, that's not what I would want.

Edited to Add: OK, found mine at NewEgg, but it's out of stock. Not surprising as it's an old model.

Wacom MTE450 USB Bamboo Pen Tablet - Black finish

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, I looked over the what was missing... way way too much in my opinion. Not even a GoZ bridge which I use daily. I'm glad I jumped on board all those years back now. One of my very few big software purchases I'm glad I invested in back when DAZ teamed up with Pixologic and offered the full for .... I think $300.00 back in the day. YAY for me...

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'll say! I don't recall when they had that sale, and I might not have been into modelling as much then, so didn't see the necessity to buy it, even at that good a price. I did try Sculptris, but absolutely hated the UI. At least, I think, ZBrush Core will have the ZBrush UI, which is better. I had a free version 3 something-or-other on a CD from one of my computer magazines years ago, and did a katana sword, which came out half-way decent (I didn't like the way the curve of the blade came out) and I liked the ZBrush UI, but Sculptris was just awful, and I couldn't get anything decent done with it.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well you can decimate using the export to 3D print and you can export to obj so it's not without it's work arounds to get get stuff in and out of the program.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I paid $145 when I got it Ram....not sure if I got some sort of special deal with PC and other purchases though as it's too long ago.

Thanks for the link to the tablet...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Maybe it is because I drew for soo many years from the time I could hold a crayon/pencil. But, I absolutely have never been able to use a tablet ... though I've tried several of them. My brain just can't connect the movement of the pen with the movement on the screen ... even though it can connect the mouse and screen. Just the oddest thing.

I'd dearly love to get the Cintiq Companion 2 ... but of course, those cost just as much as a computer ... because they are.

However, the smaller Cintiq 13HD Creative Pen and Touch Tablet seems to have quite a few fans, and is a wee bit more affordable.

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
The Core version is aimed to artists for mainly 3D Printing and concept art. However you can upgrade from it to the full zbrush later on. Personally I think it's a good deal if you want to get a sculpting app and have some fun. Very cheap for what you get in the package.

Banditcameraman

Enthusiast
Saw a thread about ZBrushCore on the other site and visited the link.

Saw this thread and despite the much fewer posts here, and after careful consideration, decided that ZBrushCore would be a good investment and a way to finally get started on ZBrush :) :thankyou2: :notworthy: