• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What is "update your status"?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
In our profile page, there is an update your status dialogue box. Any idea what it does? I'm afraid to try it in case I mess something up.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Its a place to post how your feeling. Have a look at some of the other members and what they've posted. You can also like and respond to the posts iirc.

McGyver

Energetic
I was also confused by this too.
Probably because I don't do social media...
But I'm pretty sure I was confused by lots of stuff well before social media existed.
I was actually confused enough to ask once, get an answer... Forget it and ask again nearly a year later.
But I remember now.
I think.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Thanks girls and guys. I think I understand, it's a girls thing really. I will probably leave it alone so I don't forget to update it as my mood changes!

McGyver

Energetic
No, it's so much more than that... I post wise saying I make up... like "Art is the antiperspirant of ordinary life."

I have no idea what that means, but there are so many stupid wise sayings websites that misquote or attribute the wrong saying to the wrong person or quote dumb celebrities just saying random crap, that I figured I'd just add to the overwhelming amount of nonsense...

My goal is to one day get an email from someone using one of my sayings as their sig, but attributed to someone famous...

"With great power, comes a side order of potato salad or fries" - Abraham Lincoln 1972

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I do not like social media as I find it stupid but okay. I sometimes use it but not much. Rather do something else than Facebook especially the stupid Facebook games. I call them stupid as they require having friends who play that game to help you out in your game in return to help them. Uggghhhh.
Okay the status thing in hivewire is probably cooler than real social media.