• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What is iClone

AllenArt

Eager
iClone is a piece of software similar to Poser and Daz Studio but more geared toward animation than the previous two are. There is content to buy for it all over again, tho I think one *can* get DS and or Poser figures into it with some work (but don't quote me on that ;)). The software and the content both tend to be more expensive than what we're used to with Poser and DS.

Laurie

jk79238

Inspired
The latest version of iClone - version 7 requires a rather powerful computer. It is geared towards animations but the latest version also includes a PBR renderer. The previous version had a PBR renderer as an add on module. I have used version 7 for a few PBR renders and the look and speed were outstanding both still and animation.