• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What happens to artists stores/products when they pass away?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I was reading some of the threads in here about unfortunate people passing away and got to thinking what happens to an artists store and their products when an artist passes away? I mean, does their store close up or does it keep selling items. If it does, who manages the payments and maintenance?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure how they would handle that here, as that unfortunate occurrence hasn't happened yet, but I know at least 2 very popular long-time vendors at Renderosity still have their stores open, but IIRC, one vendor who passed last year I think, or maybe the year before, had his store closed, I believe according to his wife's wishes. I would assume it would be up to the family to decide whether to leave it open or not.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I would imagine it's consider property and whoever inherits would decide what happens to the store. Hopefully someone who knows more might pop in and let us know for sure.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Laurie...it made sense for that to be the case. Good to know that it was correct...

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm... wonder what happens if a vendor passes away, but his last wish was specifically to keep the store open, but the next of kin wanted to close it?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I don't know what the legal position would be Earl. But I would think his or her last wish should be respected.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think that's true if you have a provision in your will to that effect, or at least some sort of notarized legal document stating as much.

BTW, welcome to the HiveWire forums agentunawares. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
always wonder how that works, especially since SAV's store continues!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't remember if Johanna was married or not, but I'm sure her family (husband or parents) decided to keep it open. I seem to remember some time ago there was mention on Renderosity when another popular vendor had passed, they asked the family what to do with the store, and the family decided to keep it open. Unfortunately that was quite a while ago, so don't recall where I saw it stated.