• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What does the DSON Installer do?

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Ithink at DAZ there is pressure for the vendors to only support Studio. Honestly, I don't see where vendors who only do props, especially the simple static ones, or poses should have that much of a problem making products for both Poser and DS. I can understand it from the perspective of someone who's never used Poser before. I have the same problem understanding DS. But someone like Faveral who's had experience with both...

The relevant bit being the words 'I think'. Daz really don't care as long as stuff is selling. It's not just the 4 different render engines that the vendors have to cater for, things like instancing isn't supported by Poser nor is LAMH, just a couple of examples that has made it difficult to produce for two different software that have become less compatible as time has moved on.

Vendors who were once comfortable with Poser may not have purchased the more recent releases and so are stuck with older versions and cannot therefore produce for the latest addition.
As to increasing the pricing in line with the extra hours it's taken - personally I am not going to pay a higher price for something I don't want - so split the product into DS and Poser versions, which I believe was tried by some vendors and they just didn't see the sales to make it worthwhile.
Poser users were and still are very vocal about what the think of Daz and that they will not buy there, I've even seen the criticism and insults aimed at the vendors themselves and their products; why do think they would feel inclined to work extra when they come under the sort of criticism that often permeates some forums.

eclark1894

Visionary
The relevant bit being the words 'I think'. Daz really don't care as long as stuff is selling. It's not just the 4 different render engines that the vendors have to cater for, things like instancing isn't supported by Poser nor is LAMH, just a couple of examples that has made it difficult to produce for two different software that have become less compatible as time has moved on.

Vendors who were once comfortable with Poser may not have purchased the more recent releases and so are stuck with older versions and cannot therefore produce for the latest addition.
As to increasing the pricing in line with the extra hours it's taken - personally I am not going to pay a higher price for something I don't want - so split the product into DS and Poser versions, which I believe was tried by some vendors and they just didn't see the sales to make it worthwhile.
Poser users were and still are very vocal about what the think of Daz and that they will not buy there, I've even seen the criticism and insults aimed at the vendors themselves and their products; why do think they would feel inclined to work extra when they come under the sort of criticism that often permeates some forums.
Well, software insults fly fast and furious in the Daz forums as well. I don't go there as often as I used to because frankly I don't feel Poser users are very welcome. The few times I have posted there are generally to ask a Studio specific question or a 3D content general question.
As for the render engine aspect, Superfly has only been out one for version and Poser went out of it's way to try and make it as compatible with Firefly as possible, so they did even really have to learn anything new. They could easily just stay with Firefly which has been around since version 4 before 3Delight or Iray came along... so I don't think that's it.