• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What a clever forum we have!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I've said it before but now I know for sure-the way this forum functions is nearly A.I. ! And one with a sense of humor! :geek:

I just discovered a new thing it does… I was curious about where @Alisa and @LisaB live so I went to their profile page to look at what they might have entered for: "location". A startling thing happened when I clicked on Alisa's location words… Suddenly Google maps opened up a page and I was looking at the Strait of Juan de Fuca! Now this still does not tell me if she lives in the United States or in Canada but I can get the general idea… Although I must admit I wondered if she was living under water :)

But now this discovery led me to go to my own profile where I had written " Southern California" and click on what obviously has become a live link … and sure enough it opened to that general area . Then as I was speaking on the phone with my friend (also a member here ) I said oh I can't remember where Laurie lives... so went to her profile… Well! I have a feeling she meant the wonderful world sung about in John Denver's song "Rocky Mountain high " :whistling:... but this magical link thing that the form does took me to the "permanently closed office" of an alternative medical practitioner?! :eek: There was a photo of that person's office which bears the name: Rocky Mountain High!!! :rolleyes: Well!! That opens up whole can of worms in my imagination and of course brought on a lot of laughter!

So If you want a chuckle for the day or even a great big belly laugh… try visiting people's profiles and clicking on whatever they've written in their location ... who knows what other startling and usual surprises are in store?! :roflmao:

I really do love this place! and @Alisa if you need to move this post/thread, feel free... I wasn' sure where to post it but I just had to share the laughter and enjoyment ! :laugh:

( please keep in mind I am struggling using Dragon NaturallySpeaking which does very peculiar things when in use here at times, so if there are some weird typos that I miss editing please forgive me and my dyslexic Dragon:confused: )

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, that's too funny!!

I'm in the US - Washington State. Near (not in) the Strait ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE

OK!

Ohhhh, you mean THIS kind?

upload_2016-4-23_19-6-55.jpeg

If I do that hop, skip & jump from my profile, I'd need it!! )

Terre

Renowned
LOL
I just added a location to myself and when I clicked on it I got a realtor in Clovis which is 19 miles NE of where I actually am.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I had to add to my location the name for my home town that we natives use lovingly, and the rest of the state uses derisively, The People's Republic of Boulder. And sure enough, it found my town.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So I had to add to my location the name for my home town that we natives use lovingly, and the rest of the state uses derisively, The People's Republic of Boulder. And sure enough, it found my town.

LOL! I live just up the road in Berthoud- lived in TPROB for several years back in the late 80s/early 90s before I bought my farm up here. Small world! And LOL Lyne! Mainly I use "Rocky Mountain High" coz I get enough weird stuff from folks- don't really want to let EVERYONE know where I live for real:)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
:lol:I think I might start calling it T-PROB from now on. And if you ever miss our little republic, theres a wonderful page called stayoutofmynamastespace.com which was originally things overheard by white women in Boulder, they now include white men also. It's a funny little reminder of how insular we are. But we do have amazing natural beauty so it's great for inspiring art and artists.:flower00:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
:lol:I think I might start calling it T-PROB from now on. And if you ever miss our little republic, theres a wonderful page called stayoutofmynamastespace.com which was originally things overheard by white women in Boulder, they now include white men also. It's a funny little reminder of how insular we are. But we do have amazing natural beauty so it's great for inspiring art and artists.:flower00:

LOL hysterical site and yeah that is pretty much T-PROB now. Was more of a good old hippie town when I lived there:) I am pretty much an old hippie... We ended up moving to Boulder from NYC as I grew up in Burlington VT and as good old Hunter S. Thompson once said, "Burlington and Boulder are psychic cousins" Course he said that in the late 70s:) They do still both share fabulous natural beauty. I do miss Lake Champlain something terrible though. Not much water out here:)