• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Unity Assets without Unity?

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Has anyone had any experiencing using Unity Assets without Unity installed? I was interested in knowing how feasible it would be to extract and convert the assets to, say, FBX to import and convert over to Poser and if rigged figures retain any rigging? There is currently a large asset sale with some great looking creatures I would love to add to my character collection for my Sci-Fi and fantasy projects, but If it would require me to also buy and install unity it is just not worth it (the sale would give me over 60 creatures, aliens, and animals among other assets I care less about for around $40).

If anyone has done this I would love to hear thoughts and possible snags to expect.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
This turned out to be a bad idea. Turns out assets from the unity store can only be downloaded into Unity it seems. I could not get Unity to run on Win 7 despite official claims of still having compatibility.